News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s3cc0

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden Forum

Kleineganz

I've tried adding AdSense to my site manually, without success. However when I try to install this mod, I get many "test failed" errors across all my themes (including the core theme), so I am reluctant to complete the install process.

Here is a screen capture of the errors.

vbgamer45

Is that the theme you are using or are just trying to install on all themes?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kleineganz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 08, 2014, 03:53:44 PM
Is that the theme you are using or are just trying to install on all themes?
I always install mods on all themes because I let my users choose which theme they want to view (some have vision issues and different people have different preferences). Also, as you can see ... the test failed on *all* three themes.

vbgamer45

Ok will that will require you to modify each theme unforuntaly then.
You can upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html  and get the theme edits that will need to be to each theme.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kleineganz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 08, 2014, 07:33:22 PM
Ok will that will require you to modify each theme unforuntaly then.
You can upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html [nofollow]  and get the theme edits that will need to be to each theme.
I'm confused - why? Shouldn't it at least work with the base/core theme for SMF without modifications? It's failing on every single theme and it should work with at least the core one, right? What am I missing here?

vbgamer45

It works with the default Curve theme. Core theme it will not work since the theme is structured differently.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kleineganz

Well never mind. I found a way to add my AdSense code to my theme manually and it works with all my themes simultaneously.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bruno36

Hello!
How to display an ad after the seventh post
(not the first post)
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

vbgamer45

You would need to make a counter in the display.template.php code and then run the function call once it reaches 7

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

NeedIt

Guys,

I have done this one time before, but I want to verify.  I downloaded the 2.0.X zip file from here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

Now to install the admod - and my forum is currently 2.0.8 - I simply do the following, right?

"1. Backup
2. Download the most recent MOd release zip (save in a folder on your PC you can remember)
3. Admin > Package Manager > Download Package
4. Click Browse and add the Ad MOD Package, click [Upload]
5. Next page, check for any Install Errors ( if everything looks ok) Click [Install]
6. Breathe a sigh of relief for it being that simple ;)"

Sorry, my forum is pretty active and I can't afford to screw up.

vbgamer45

Yes that is the correct procedure.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NeedIt

Arantor

And this is why we take backups before we install things...

Linnea

Hello!

I successfully set up this mod, with ads at the top and bottom of every page.
But there is a problem, it looks like the mod is loaded half of the times, I'm using ads from different sources (adsense, juiceadv) and approximately half of the time they don't appear.

What could the problem be?

:)
Linnea

vbgamer45

Could be a content issue. Adsense for instance only appears when it has content to display for the page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

larry007

vbgamer45

This mod supports google ads built in.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: