Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Still install don't worry about the core theme

If GTS is your main theme you will have to make the theme edits manually.
You can upload the package to http://smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and try to get manaul theme install instructions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TrackMustangsOnline

Thanks.  I'm getting the following error message but I can't figure out why.

Out of range value for column 'HITS' at row 1
File: /var/www/trackmustangsonline.com/htdocs/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 298

vbgamer45

Run this sql query on your forums database

alter table smf_ads HITS HITS BIGINT NOT NULL default '0';
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TrackMustangsOnline

Thanks.  I'm making progress.

gccb

SMF version: 1.1.21
Theme: Anone

- Hi all. I recently had to reinstall a fresh version of the Anone theme due to me mucking up a file.
- Before my muck up, Ad's v3.2 was working great.
- After the Anone theme reinstall, the ad's are no longer working.
- I reinstalled Ad's v.3,2 but with no luck.
- The classic default theme shows the ad's up fine though.
- All user permissions in the SMF admin are set on to see ad's
- I'm guessing I have to manually set some permission via FTP?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodney.

vbgamer45

You have to manually install the theme edits for any custom theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gccb

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 23, 2017, 08:55:44 PM
You have to manually install the theme edits for any custom theme.

:o It was working automatically in Anone before I reinstalled that theme.

Sorry to be a pain. Is there a how-to page for dummies with the manual edit instructions?

Thank you.
Rodney.

Kindred

Yes... you reinstalled the theme... which means that any modifications that had been made to that theme were undone. It is likely that you will have other mods that need manuals installation as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Upload the package to http://smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and do the theme edits to your custom theme

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gccb

samimikawi

hi guys great mode but is there a way to add a group into settings so i can disable adds not only for admin for another group also ?

samimikawi

found it sorry guys

Just like in the previous versions, you can have permissions on who is able to view the ads. By default everyone views the ads. To deny users from viewing ads, you go into Admin > Permissions > Modify (the group you want to change the permission for).
You then look for the title "Enable ads" and either disallow or allow the ad code to display.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

exx1976

I apologize if this question has already been asked/answered, but with 381 pages in this thread, I just can't seem to find it if that's the case.

I was able to get the mod installed successfully (I think?).  It's installed, no errors, and I made the manual modifications to the theme I'm using - no errors or troubles that I can see.

I'd like to start adding advertisements now, obviously, but I have no idea what size their ads should be.

Is there a listing/chart somewhere that shows recommended ad sizes for the various ad types?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

There is but i don't remember where it is at I had it on http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

exx1976

Umm, thanks?

Do you happen to know where?  The search function doesn't work on that board, and there's a few thousand posts...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

exx1976

But you wrote this, right?  And that's your forum, isn't it?

vbgamer45

No i didn't write. I took it over many years ago. You would have to search.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

exx1976

Okay, but the $10 I just paid went in your pocket, yes?

Advertisement: