News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

exx1976

Nice.

I'm so glad you're hear to support your product, it's truly invaluable.

wildmck8

Hi all, I've searched but couldn't find anything.  If I missed it, I apologize.  Like the subject says, for some reason lately my adsense ads are not showing for guests. They are only showing for logged in members.

Does anyone know why and maybe have a fix?

TIA

lurkalot

Quote from: wildmck8 on March 22, 2017, 07:11:00 PM
Hi all, I've searched but couldn't find anything.  If I missed it, I apologize.  Like the subject says, for some reason lately my adsense ads are not showing for guests. They are only showing for logged in members.

TIA

Guessing this is a silly question, but have you checked your permissions settings?

"Permissions

Just like in the previous versions, you can have permissions on who is able to view the ads. By default everyone views the ads. To deny users from viewing ads, you go into Admin > Permissions > Modify (the group you want to change the permission for).
You then look for the title "Enable ads" and either disallow or allow the ad code to display. "

wildmck8

Quote from: lurkalot on March 22, 2017, 07:19:47 PM
Quote from: wildmck8 on March 22, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

TIA

Guessing this is a silly question, but have you checked your permissions settings?

"Permissions

Just like in the previous versions, you can have permissions on who is able to view the ads. By default everyone views the ads. To deny users from viewing ads, you go into Admin > Permissions > Modify (the group you want to change the permission for).
You then look for the title "Enable ads" and either disallow or allow the ad code to display. "

You know, I've checked that section 3 times, and until now I never noticed the "Enable ads" option.  It was unticked.  Thanks, problem solved!

turboguy

Well I have spend most of the morning playing around unsuccessfully trying to do something and have read a dozen pages or so here but since I have pulled out whatever hair I had will give up and ask.  Keep in mind the hair I pulled out was covering up a very small amount of brain matter (another way of saying I am not that bright)

So what I wanted to do was to have a stack of ads on the right side of my forum using the ad management mod

Just for reference I am running SMF 2.0.12,  Simple Portal 2.3.4 and Ad Management 3.0.1

When I first tried to add an ad to the right side of my forum I had some portal blocks there and it put the ad to the right of the portal blocks which didn't look good so I moved the portal blocks all to the left.

So now I was able to put an ad on the right side however. I was hoping to stack three ads on the right side and if I do the first one it shows fine.  If I add the second the first one disappears and only shows the second.  Is there any way I can stack these ads?

vbgamer45

Not at the moment. You could create a custom html with a table and have ads in the table then put that in the ad block code area.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

turboguy

Thanks for the quick response.   I will give that a try.

turboguy

I did give it a try and it works great.   Thanks for the help and I have always loved this mod.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

turboguy

I appreciate the help which was amazingly quick and great but unfortunately I am back with a new problem.

I have had Ad management installed for several years and have run a horizontal ad at the top and bottom of our forum.  Everything was fine.

When I posted my last problem I was trying to post basically tower ads on the left side of my forum.  I had posted about doing more than one ad and your suggestion worked great however.

For some reason it stopped the forum from working.  If someone tried to make a post on the forum instead of being able to do that when they clicked on anything it would send them to another page on our main web site.  For the moment I have removed Ad Management from the forum and the forum is working normally now but I do want to be able to run Ad Management.   Any thoughts or suggestions.

I am running SMF 2.0.12,  Simple Portal 2.3.4 and was running Ad Management 3.0.1

vbgamer45

That would probably mean you entered bad html code post the code you used in the block.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pbeer

Hi, I've some problem and need your help, please. For information, I'm a programmer, so I can edit PHP code.

I using this mod v.3.2 with smf v2.0.13. It's now everything installed and work find.

But my problem is I want to reposition some ads type. I tried to do it myself and already search and read many page and didn't find solution.

Ads position that I want to reposition it is:

• Display ads on every page on the top of the page - It's now ads shown on very very top of page. I couldn't find where to move it.

• I think it has to has some code that call "show_topofpageAds()" function to show this ads but I already look in BoardIndex.template.php, my theme's index.template.php, default theme's index.template.php and didn't found any of them.
    • Only one place I found that function is in Ads.template.php inside "template_adsheaders_above()" function but it have just only echo out.
    • And didn't found any file that call "template_adsheaders_above()"
    • Also in LoadAds.php I didn't found any code to reposition them.
    function.
  • Display ads on every page as a tower on the right side
  • Display ads on every page as a tower on the left side
  • Display ads on every page right below the menu

Please guide me how can I reposition these ads. Which file do I have to work with? Thanks a lot.

vbgamer45

You would have to take out of adsheaders_above and adsheaders_below if you want to move those ads around.
We use  template layers to setup those ads so it works on all themes
You would need to move those function to your index.template.php instead of having it that ads file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pbeer

Thanks for quickly reply.

But I'm not sure I understand right. Did you mean that it's only that 2 ads that can move around forum? And which file are they in?

vbgamer45

You can really move around the ads the mod modifies the template files.
If they are in  Ads.template.php  you would have to take them out of that file and place them in your theme files if wish to move them in different spots.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pbeer

OK, it's now on on there position. Thanks you very much.

tranhiep_116

I install this mod but nothing happen  >:(

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: tranhiep_116 on April 25, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
I install this mod but nothing happen  >:(

Have you gone into the admin settings for the mod and set up an ad?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

KyrrTube

Can somebody help me fix the error in reseller theme? I fix the display.template.php but I can't do it on BoardIndex.template and index.template

Advertisement: