News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error when sending PMs.

Started by dtm.exe, February 02, 2006, 11:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtm.exe

I've sent about ten PMs so far in the last hour.  Out of those ten, about two of them returned an odd error.  Hitting the back button and resubmitting worked just fine.

I'm currently at school.  Could this be an issue on my school's end?

kegobeer

Hmm.  According to this, it's a problem on the webserver end.  I've never encountered a "Zero Sized Reply" before.  I imagine it could be related to your school's firewall and/or server and/or anything else.  We'll see if anyone else reports it.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

dtm.exe

Quote from: kegobeer on February 02, 2006, 11:23:31 AM
Hmm.  According to this, it's a problem on the webserver end.  I've never encountered a "Zero Sized Reply" before.  I imagine it could be related to your school's firewall and/or server and/or anything else.  We'll see if anyone else reports it.

Oh really?  Well my school does use St. Bernard.  I'm sure it's just some misconfiguration on this end.

Remaker

I think this has nothing to do with smf.

QuoteiPrism is an Internet filter distributed by St. Bernard Software. According to the St. Bernard Website, it is a "high-performance Web filtering appliance that monitors, blocks, and reports on inappropriate Internet access." The iPrism Model 1200 was winner of the CRN Magazine "Editor's Choice Award." The Model 3000 includes "a gigabit interface, RAID, and the ability to handle larger volumes of Web traffic."

So it must be something with iPrism thingy.
Remaker - My blog - Actualitate.net

H

I sometimes get a 0 byte file when my connection is maxed out ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Ben_S

Looks like a proxy/cache error at your end.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Ben_S on February 02, 2006, 12:48:25 PM
Looks like a proxy/cache error at your end.

That's what I figured.  Thanks for clearing that up :).

Advertisement: