News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AJAX editing bug

Started by Chronic667, February 03, 2006, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronic667

A member of my forum found a bug in the AJAX reply editing.

Steps to reproduce:

- Open any topic you have replied in
- Click the quick edit button
- Click save
- Now, check the link to that reply, it should be incorrect with something like %msg_id% on the end

Refreshing the topic fixes this.

I also reported this bug here but was told by JayBachatero that it works fine. However I tested it again on this forum on the Test Board and found the problem to still occur, ruling out a problem with my own forum.

Maybe its browser related? i'm using FireFox 1.5.0.1 this also happened with 1.5.0.

There's a Ferret

I just incurred in the same problem. Same browser, too.

Did you find a fix for that?

Daniel Hofverberg

I can confirm that I also have the same problem, both here and on my own forum. It seems to happen on all browsers (I have tried both IE and Opera), so it's not browser-dependent.

As far as I can make out, it seems to be a bug in RC2...

nwsw

This appears to be a bug. The fix requires a change in your Theme:

File: xml_topic.js, Function: onDocReceived_modify

The fix requires the following change to make %msg_id% a global replacement:

setInnerHTML(cur_msg_div, smf_template_body_edit.replace(/%body%/, text).replace(/%msg_id%/, cur_msg_id.substr(4)));

To:

setInnerHTML(cur_msg_div, smf_template_body_edit.replace(/%body%/, text).replace(/%msg_id%/g, cur_msg_id.substr(4)));

You will also have to take steps to make sure that the xml_topic.js is reloaded in your client's browser.

Compuart

Thanks for the fix.

! The title link wasn't updated properly after xmlHTTP editing of a message. (xml_topic.js)
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Advertisement: