News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Useful Links on main Forum index

Started by Gary, February 04, 2006, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

This is something for the Tips & Tricks Board.

Do you want to be able to do place important links to threads on your main index. Like this;

Well, its easy and this'll work on all SMF versions.

When creating a board as you normally would use HTML code in the board description box (like this below) to add links to the threads you want to add links to from your index.

Board Description<br>
<b><font size="1">Useful Links: <a href="Link 1">Link 1</a> | <a href="Link 2">Link 2</a></b>

Giving you a result of whats similiar to whats highlighted in red in the above MT2 Pic.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

TheChicken

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 04, 2006, 06:12:45 PM
This is something for the Tips & Tricks Board.

Do you want to be able to do place important links to threads on your main index. Like this;

Well, its easy and this'll work on all SMF versions.

When creating a board as you normally would use HTML code in the board description box (like this below) to add links to the threads you want to add links to from your index.

Board Description<br>
<b><font size="1">Useful Links: <a href="Link 1">Link 1</a> | <a href="Link 2">Link 2</a></b>

Giving you a result of whats similiar to whats highlighted in red in the above MT2 Pic.

-AwwLilMaggie
Hey,
You could also make it blend in like the subforum by doing
Board Description<br>
<i><font size="1">Useful Links: <a href="Link 1">Link 1</a> | <a href="Link 2">Link 2</a></i>

Just incase someone was interested :)

Gary

You could, but then it wouldnt really stand out and wouldnt be as important. ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

TheChicken

Well yeah but it could be for thoes ppl that like things to match lol  :)

Chias

I'd like to do something exactly like this, but have those links point to the most recent posts within the board. Anyone have any idea how that would work?

Advertisement: