News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search "Suggestion" Not Appropriate

Started by GoldenWolf, February 07, 2006, 12:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenWolf

I would have liked to attach this dialog box as an image, but didn't feel like hosting it on my server.

A search of the term "smtp" yielded:

Adjust Search Parameters
You may have meant to search for smut.
Search For:
smtp

While this message was kinda funny, it's really not appropriate. I would hope that a discussion board would recognize the term "smtp" as being a dictionary term.

kegobeer

You have a tool like aspell/pspell installed, which is not part of SMF.  That's the only way you would get a suggestion for a word.  Since we don't have anything to do with those dictionaries, perhaps you can add "smtp" to your dictionary.  Ask your host for assistance.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

GoldenWolf

Quote from: kegobeer on February 07, 2006, 02:23:44 PM
You have a tool like aspell/pspell installed, which is not part of SMF.  That's the only way you would get a suggestion for a word.  Since we don't have anything to do with those dictionaries, perhaps you can add "smtp" to your dictionary.  Ask your host for assistance.

Kegobeer, I think you are misunderstanding.

This search was done on the SMF site. This forum. It has nothing to do with mine.

I was searching the community for SMTP and it asked if I meant SMUT.

So I think you guys are the ones who have the dictionary installed, the one without SMTP added.

H

The SMF site currently uses the default aspell english dictionary which is why tech abbreviations do not currently exist in it ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: