Included Header, now board is more than 100% width?! PLEASE HELP!

Started by Dickthestick, February 12, 2006, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dickthestick

Hello folks,

As part of our new website design, I've "incuded" our header over the forum.
Its a simple table w/ images, set to 100% width.

However the combined page now has the forum board larger than the window width!

I've checked as much as I can and the header seems sound, I only hope someone here can help me!

Cheers,

Rich.

kegobeer

Post a link to your forum.  It's impossible to give advice without seeing the problem.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Dickthestick

ok sorry mate, heres the link to the w-i-p page.

hxxp:www.v-raf.org/forum/indexnu.php [nonactive]

Also, for some reason the text is all larger?

Any help gratefully appreciated.  :)

kegobeer

First, you have a ton of blank lines output before the <html> tag.  View source on your site and you'll see them.  Second, you have two separate html documents stacked on top of each other.

<html>

<head>
<script language=JavaScript>

</tr>
</table>
</body></html><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html><head>

Apparantly your header file is a complete html document - you can't simply include that document, you have to edit it and remove all but the table stuff.

You also haven't included the document in the correct place.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Dickthestick

ok, erm need 1 of the blocks of javascript for the nagivation to work?

I dont know where it goes if I'm honest, can you please tell me where its meant to be?

Dickthestick

I've removed everything but the content, but still have the problems with page and text size/scale.

This may be due to the include being in the wrong place, but I dont have a clue where to plant it.  ???

Dickthestick

All is fine now I've worked it out! 8)

Advertisement: