Teamspeak Auto Login using memberName and passwrd

Started by Arkanthos, February 16, 2006, 02:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkanthos

Ok, over at TinyPortal we've been having a discussion about a teamspeak mod, an my attempts to modify it and we've run into a snag that I'm hoping the SMF gurus can sort out.

hxxp:www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=1021.0 [nonactive]

We've gotten to the point where we would like to access the SMF db and fetch a user's userName and passwrd so that we can enter them into a link that calls Teamspeak and logs you in.

userName is easy enough to figure out, it's the passwrd bit that's proving tricky (sd5 encryption confusion FTW!)

First, I'd like to understand how the hash for the pw is generated, I saw from the databased that it is a 5 QuadWord hex value, no matter what the length of the original is.

Seccond, they are of course unique, and seem to be paired with an equally unique DoubleWord hex "Salt" variable. Is this a key used in the encryption to guarantee a unique result, and allow for reversing the encryption?

So here is our question: How can we run the hash backwards through the encryption in order to reveal the password that the user entered.

(you're probably asking yourself... now why on earth would we want to do that?)

I'd like to get the information so that when they log into Teamspeak from the site, it uses a password we know, and they know. We can just tell them, if they decide to login from outside the website, that the password to their registered account is the same as the one on the forums.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated, there have been several people saying they would love to be able to do this.

Advertisement: