1.1 rc2 - Default theme invalid xhtml 1.0 (minor problem)

Started by TestMonkey, February 19, 2006, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestMonkey

Around line 279 of the default theme that ships with the 1.1 rc2 smf install, it's missing a closing </span>.
Causing the forum to not validate is not a major deal figured you guys should know, hadn't seen anyone point this out so tossing it here.
Knowledge is power
www.serverhash.com

Dannii

I think this has been fixed in the cvs. Thanks for pointing it out still.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

bloc

It has. :) If i remember correctly there was a missing span around the loginbox.

ismile

Can I please be directed to the fixes? The Upgrades I downloaded last week cause errors with Xhtml and Css in the new default theme.

Deaks

issmile best wait for the final.

Member this isnt the stable version yet.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TestMonkey

Quote from: Bloc on February 19, 2006, 08:02:38 PM
It has. :) If i remember correctly there was a missing span around the loginbox.

That was indeed where the missing span was located :)

Quote from: ismile on February 20, 2006, 10:32:24 PM
Can I please be directed to the fixes? The Upgrades I downloaded last week cause errors with Xhtml and Css in the new default theme.

To fix the default theme
Open - Themes\default\ index.template.php up in a text editor..
Around line 269
--Find

// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
else
{
echo '

--Change to

// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
else
{
echo '</span>

That seems to allow it to validate not sure if their is possibly a better location to close the span ..
but that seems to work.
Knowledge is power
www.serverhash.com

bloc

It was more or less how it was fixed - by adding the missing </span>.

Advertisement: