News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Template on old YaBB Se

Started by TF_, March 14, 2004, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF_

How do I use my old YaBB SE template? I have a very good layout (template) and I want to use is and I will not change before it works on SMF.

But it seems to be veeeeeery difficult to change because there is not one simple file on SMF......

Help me out ?

David

The upgrade script will auto convert it for you if you tell it to.
This space for rent.

sneedo

What if we want to use a template from boardmod on our SMF board?  I didn't already have it for my previous YABB board

Peter Duggan

How about installing the template to your YSE before running the SMF upgrade, then?

Grudge

Some people may find this useful. Stick any template.php file in the same directory as it and run it. It basically means you can convert just the template if you want.
I'm only a half geek really...

sneedo

storyleader

Quote from: Grudge on March 14, 2004, 02:12:51 PM
Some people may find this useful. Stick any template.php file in the same directory as it and run it. It basically means you can convert just the template if you want.

I tried using the convert_template.php file. When I ran it, I got:

QuoteWarning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/storydynamicscom/members/template_conversion/convert_template.php on line 262

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/storydynamicscom/members/template_conversion/convert_template.php on line 263

I understand that php can't make use of the previous line, which is:
Quote$fp = @fopen($output_dir . '/index.template.php', 'w');

But I don't know php's file-system stuff well enough to know what the problem is and how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

[Unknown]

Make the folder writable.... aka 777.

-[Unknown]

eFishie

Ooh, I could see this being useful.

I have a few YaBB SE templates that I would LOVE to convert to SMF!
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

[Unknown]

No, he meant the Classic theme.  You can't just paste the template.php into the themes directory and blink at it a lot.

-[Unknown]

morph

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 05, 2004, 07:35:02 PM
No, he meant the Classic theme.  You can't just paste the template.php into the themes directory and blink at it a lot.

-[Unknown]

So thats what I have been doing wrong....

:P

Coming soon!

eFishie

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 05, 2004, 07:35:02 PM

-[Unknown]

You should fix that. I see that as a MAJOR BUG!
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Advertisement: