News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Integration help needed URGENTLY

Started by toofast, February 21, 2006, 06:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toofast

This is probably been answered elsewhere but I got lost in all the replies and threads it's doing my head in  :o

I have a php based website (custom made).  It allows people to register and login.

I want to add a forum.

My problems;

1) I need to allow people to hit register on my site but the actual registration handled by smf and smf then tell my site that it was successful for mysite then to put details of user (plus other stuff) into my site's user table.

2) The forum registration will have to be disabled so everyone registers via my registration bit

3) When they login to forum it will also log them into my site.  Same when they log out.

4) I have over 400 existing users on my site that I want to make members on smf, their passwords are not hashed.

p.s. both my website and smf will be on same server but different folders and different databases.

chrisgwood

Quote from: toofast on February 21, 2006, 06:26:12 AM
This is probably been answered elsewhere but I got lost in all the replies and threads it's doing my head in  :o

I have a php based website (custom made).  It allows people to register and login.

I want to add a forum.

My problems;

1) I need to allow people to hit register on my site but the actual registration handled by smf and smf then tell my site that it was successful for mysite then to put details of user (plus other stuff) into my site's user table.

2) The forum registration will have to be disabled so everyone registers via my registration bit

3) When they login to forum it will also log them into my site.  Same when they log out.

4) I have over 400 existing users on my site that I want to make members on smf, their passwords are not hashed.

p.s. both my website and smf will be on same server but different folders and different databases.

I too want this, and can't find the best solution so I was thinking of writing a registration page that inserts into the SMF forum, then use the SMF Login and Logout (with re-directs) afterwards.

If I get it working (will be doing it tonight) I'll let you know how I get on.
That thing that's behind the thing, don't touch that, press the other thingy.

Advertisement: