"Permissions by Board" bug - "The board you specified doesn't exist"

Started by Oldiesmann, March 14, 2004, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I've been playing around with the permissions system lately, and may have stumbled on a bug. Whenever I go in to edit the permissions for a particular board, it always tells me that the board I specified doesn't exist. I'm slowly getting a handle on the permissions system (very impressive by the way), but this bug keeps, er... "bugging" me.

Steps to reproduce bug:

Click "Admin"
Click "Edit Permissions"
Click on either "Global" or "Local" next to a board name under "Permissions by Board"
Click on "modify" next to a particular membergroup
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ms_ukyankee

I'm getting this error a different way, from the yabbse upgrade.
In Admin/Manage Boards/ boardname / Click "modify"
SMF since 2004 <3

Grudge

We know about this. I'll try to fix it in CVS tonight. ms_ukyankee - are you definetly running the latest package? I don't see why there should be a problem there but I'll try look into it later
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Quote from: Grudge on March 25, 2004, 07:40:25 AM
We know about this. I'll try to fix it in CVS tonight. ms_ukyankee - are you definetly running the latest package? I don't see why there should be a problem there but I'll try look into it later

Compuart has already been working on it, please leave ManagePermissions alone.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

That's fine - as long as someone's doing it it doesn't bother me ;)
I'm only a half geek really...

ms_ukyankee

Whether it's relevant or not, I'm running the Public version. Glad you're on top of it. :)
SMF since 2004 <3

pospel

Oh, my God! I really need this feature to work. I mean - really-really :) When it'll be fully available?

Douglas

It already is, pospel, just under a different path.  Read, learn, read, readn some more, learn some more and finally read.  :)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

7summits

Would it be possible to easily add/deny permissions for an entire category when this is fixed?
I want to have one category with multple boards that only a certain member group can see, the rest should be visible to all.
Check out the modded http://7summits.com/forum for info about climbing the highest mountains on the 7 continents on earth!    Send my avatar as an ecard here :-)

Advertisement: