"Don't show other users' signatures." doesn't work for guests.

Started by jitspoe, March 06, 2006, 03:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitspoe

I set the guest/default option to "Don't show other users' signatures."  It works when I set it for other users, but if I log out and view the forum as a guest, the signatures are there.

jitspoe

Perhaps this is just a theme issue?  Can anybody confirm this with the default theme?

jitspoe

I switched over to the default theme and this problem is still there.

jitspoe

It looks like this goes beyond just guest users.  I tried creating a new account, and even though "Don't show other users' signatures." was checked for the default options, signatures showed up for the new user account.

Edit: Also, the quick reply and other options that I had set on by default don't work.

jitspoe

fwitt

I think it more because this is the coding discussion board and you seem to be asking a support question

jitspoe

Well, I thought it was a bug, but if that's not the case, could a mod please move this to a more appropriate forum?

xenovanis

That is probably because these guest settings are for new members to register. You need to change this in de code:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=37247.0
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

jitspoe

That will fix it for guests, but it doesn't fix the problem of the default settings not being applied to new members.

Advertisement: