News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Board Viewers

Started by Yağız..., March 12, 2006, 05:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yağız...

Link to Mod

Ever Wanted to show the number of viewers in the boards on forum index?

Board Viewers mod adds a feature to Board Index to show the number of visitors inside the boards.

-> Adds a text next to each board name, like (21 viewing) or (8 members, 13 guests)
-> Also adds the viewer numbers to child-boards' hover text on boardindex. Like "No new posts (Topics 5, Posts 15,Viewers: 21)"

Features:

-> You can enable or disable this mod in "Admin > Features and Options > Layout and Options"
-> You can seperate guest and member numbers.
-> You can enable a popup on clicking the number. This will list the members inside the board.
-> Any user reading a topic inside a board will also be considered as in the board.
-> Displays the numbers both in board index and in message index with child boards.

DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE THE MOD FROM THE ADMIN PANEL "Admin > Features and Options > Layout and Options"

Version Info:
1.2.1.1c - Removed SMF 2.0 RC4 and SMF 2.0 RC5 compatibility. Added SMF 2.0 Final compatibility.

1.2.1.1b - Added SMF 2.0 RC5 and 1.1.13 compatibility.

1.2.1.1a - Added SMF 2.0 RC4 and 1.1.12 compatibility.

1.2.1.1 - (Only SMF 2.0) You can now install it to every theme with "Install in Other Themes" option when installing the mod.

1.2.1 - Added SMF 2.0 RC3 compatibility. Fixed "Undefined index" errors.

1.2 - Added SMF 1.1.x compatibility. Another bug fixed.

1.1 - Added SMF 1.1 compatibility. A single bug fixed.

1.0 - Added RC3 compatibility, removed SMF 1.0.x compatibility
    - Added several new features. Probably the last release except from bug fixes.

0.6 - Fixed a bug that causes the error log fill up.

0.5 - First Release

Elmacik

Nice mod HarzeM, congrats.
Its been getting asked for so long :)
Home of Elmacik

kezayah

Harzem

I think that was the only significant feature that vBulletin has and SMF needs :)

In the next version, I will add the feature to the messageindex with subboards.

Elmacik

Don't you have an opiton to close this when needed?
Because you know it loads server a bit more and sometimes people may need to deactivate it for a while ;)
Home of Elmacik

Harzem

Quote from: HarzeM
Set "Show who is viewing the board index and posts" to something other than "Don't show"!

Reverse this ;)

Elmacik

But its a default option that will close up all the countings, not only the mod's.
Home of Elmacik

Harzem

Its default value is "Don't show!" , if you want, you turn it on. It is only for showing the numbers or members inside the boards. There is no effect on any stats.

Harzem

Quote from: trenchteam on March 13, 2006, 02:18:50 AM
This mod is super! thanks!

Don't mention it ;)
In 1.0, the messageindex will also be able to show the numbers.

qtime1

Thx, great mod and easy installling.
I hope you will make more simple but good mods :D

Mikescuda.net

hxxp:mikescuda.net [nonactive]

Harzem

Hi,

I've been reported to have a typo. In subboards' hover texts, "No new posts (Topics: 4, Posts: 15, 1viewing)" there is a missing space between 1 and viewing. You can modify it in Modifications.english.php by adding a space char. I will also fix it in the next version. ;)

bbpiper

Cannot install , is there any known conflicts?

I have the following mods already installed:

1.     Google Member Map     0.47     
2.    Post By Email    1.02 (Beta)    
3.    Users Online Today Mod    1.3.0    
4.    Static Page Mod    1.3    
5.    Picture forum view par MkC    4.0    
6.    SimpleDownload    1.1.1    
7.    Lots_o_Smileys    1.0    
8.    Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)    1.2

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful

kezayah

Le mode en cause est Picture forum view par Mkc ...
Essaie avec ça ... ;)

ICI  8)

Harzem

Quote from: kezayah on March 15, 2006, 06:57:12 AM
Le mode en cause est Picture forum view par Mkc ...
Essaie avec ça ... ;)

ICI  8)

Thanks kezayah :D But I have no idea about your language ;) Can you explain it a bit? I think that one is the french version.

Quote from: bbpiper on March 15, 2006, 06:00:15 AM
Cannot install , is there any known conflicts?

I have the following mods already installed:

1.     Google Member Map     0.47     
2.    Post By Email    1.02 (Beta)    
3.    Users Online Today Mod    1.3.0    
4.    Static Page Mod    1.3    
5.    Picture forum view par MkC    4.0    
6.    SimpleDownload    1.1.1    
7.    Lots_o_Smileys    1.0    
8.    Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)    1.2

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful

I think the conflict is with Picture forum view mod in BoardIndex.temaplet.php, because we are both playing with the same line. But I don't know why BoardIndex.php has problem :-\ You may try manually installing and looking for the solution.

kezayah

Quote from: HarzeM on March 15, 2006, 12:50:00 PM
I think the conflict is with Picture forum view mod in BoardIndex.temaplet.php, because we are both playing with the same line. But I don't know why BoardIndex.php has problem :-\ You may try manually installing and looking for the solution.
Yes the confilct is with Picture forum view mod ... my package in the link resolve this problem because I have this mod too !!!

Harzem

Yes, I've more deeply looked at your package and saw the conflict. But I don't think I will update my mod for that, because MkC (the coder of the picture mod) is removing that mod! He thinks the mod is illegally distributed by himself, so he apologizes for that and removes the mod :-\

kezayah

He had removed his mod because of the license of SMF ... :(

ivo2296

Could you be so kind with a little help for 1.0.5 classic theme! I tried to modify BoardIndex.php but i can't find the needed code:

<operation>
         <search position="after"><![CDATA[<b><a href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a></b><br />]]></search>

Will be great if we have package for classic theme.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement: