News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error_The resource cannot be displayed

Started by gChambers, March 17, 2006, 07:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gChambers

First thing __ installation and customization of SMF was just wonderful. Minor issues that were quickly resolved in this forum.

I now have another issue that may a similiar easy solution. Here's the setup:

I've got the forum linked from an explanatory home page -- large button to enter the forum. When the button is clicked very often (but not every time) an error screen appears which displays the following:

The resource cannot be displayed
The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser.

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable
Internet Explorer 

If I hit "Refresh" -- index.php will always open. Obvioulsy, this is not good procedure as most visitors will assume the site is broken and will move on.

Does this look familiar to anyone? Obviously, a forum has to be rock solid to encourage participation. How can I banish this error screen?

gChambers

Does anyone have an idea on how I can solve my problem. COuld there be a corrupted file or perhaps some setting that I can modify in the admin area?

I have a forum linked from a button on a home page. When the button is clicked to enter the forum I get a 406 error. THis happens in both IE and Firefox. If I refresh the page the forum appears as expected. Please help as visitors to the site will think that the forum is non-functional.

Firefox display:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/index.php could not be found on this server.

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: