PROFILE: PARSING ERROR

Started by Tiramisu, March 22, 2006, 05:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiramisu

Can anyone tell me how come there is parsing error when I clicked on Profile. The error message is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/abcde/public_html/myscandic_forum/Sources/Profile.php on line 2773

I have just uploaded and installed some new mods. They are:

SMFarcade
Skypeventrilo
Ratings
Buddylist
Members color legend RC2
MembergroupColorsInPosts
MemberColorsLink
Lots O Smileys
Gmailmod

and a few others ...

What can be the cause of it?

I need help desperately!

Tiramisu

GREAT JUST GREAT!!! This affects the IP lookup too  >:(   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!????

Could it be BUDDY LIST tat is the culprit? Has Buddy List Mod anything to do with profile? Because it says tat it will appear in Who's Online.

kegobeer

What version of SMF are you running?  Are your mods compatible with that version?

If you get a parse error, it means the file is corrupt or you made a mistake while editing the file.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Tiramisu

Running SMF Version 1.1 RC2
I didnt edit anything. Perhaps the file is corrupted. I have deleted most of the files ... so what can be wrong now? Should I just reinstall SMF to avoid any further complications?

Anihc

I don't know if this will help you or not but I was making some mod updates too and ha the same problem. The only one I had that you also used is the gmail field mod. I uninstalled mine after seing your post but that did not help. I also noticed the gmail field did not appear prior to removal also. But what did help mak th errors go away was to rename memberlist.php to something else then rename memberlist.php~ by removing the ~ (assumption was this was created by whatever mod changed it assuming gmail) I also did this for profile.php

I could not get into a profile with out that error on the top of th page and I could not get to the member list at all without a different parse error but after this fix it seems to b functional now and no errors at all.

Both were date the same and even had the same file time but they were slightly different in size.

I have these installed (less the gmail one now) (missing #'s are dl only)
1. BBC edit tag 1.0
2. Gmail Field 1.1 
3. More HTML tags 1.0.3
4. Board Notes 1.0.4
6. Unreplied Questions 0.2
7. WoW Itemstats for SMF 1.0.5/6, 1.1 RC1/RC2 (ver. 1.23) 1.23
10. VisualWarning 1.3 
11. BBC ebay tag 1.0
12. Skype & Ventrilo Icons 1.0
15. Streaming 4.2.1b 4.2.1b
18. Ultimate Shoutbox 1.33 

Advertisement: