News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I have a design but Need help

Started by razsports, March 25, 2006, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razsports

Hi,

I have a page I've created and would like to use for my forums. However, I am not sure how to take this design and amek it into my forums. I am not very good with PHP, yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me or AIM me at razsports.

Harzem

Can you provide us a link to your design?

razsports

Is this a private script? I ask cause I seem to be the only person on this entire website that can not receive the proper answers. I am so frustrated.

Alan S

paitence, theres alot of memebers looking for support like , you could edit the style sheet go to admin->current theme->modify themes->modify style sheet
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

kegobeer

I merged your identical threads into one.  Having two threads makes it hard to help.

If you want someone to make a theme, you need to say so, and I will move this to the appropriate board.  You should read the posts on the themes board; there are many threads about making themes.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

razsports

I've tried the systle.css for the forums. Does not do a thing. I have no idea were to edit the header, footer and body and etc. All I know is I have a page I've designed and would like for that page to be my forums. I just need help in making that page into my forums. I've read several topics and nothing has helped.

Harzem

I will help you in a few days. Remind me later, ok?

razsports

Well,

Ive been trying to edit the SMF script for several months now. I have the designed made, just can not get it to work with the forums. I've tried and tried.
Even read the forums here.

gerrymore

If you could provide a link to the page you'd like to use, I'm sure someone will give you all the advice you need.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

razsports

okay, here is a link to the design I've made, ("raz-sports.com/march.html")

see on left side of page where it says welcome? That is where I'd show the forums themselfes. On right side of page where all those links are would be the links to the forums important pages such as register, agreement and etc.

And where my baseball diamond graphic is shown would be where I'd place google ads.

gerrymore

OK. Theres 2 ways I can suggest. The first is to use an iFrame to bring the forum into the main part of the page. An example of one is below.

<iframe src="http://www.kevinbloodywilson.com/animations/xmas.htm" height="400" width="100%" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

(Change the URL to the one for your forum, and set the height to something that suits your needs. It should be in pixels, not % for height. You can change scrolling to yes if you want to).

The other option would be a little more involved, but 10 times better result. Install Tiny Portal, and theme it to suit your page design. This option would give a lot of scope. www.tinyportal.net has plenty info and people that would try to help you with things. You would of course have to convert it to SMF first.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Advertisement: