News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod ? where is it in admin panel ?

Started by webmoney, March 26, 2006, 11:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webmoney

i installed this mod, but can't find it in admin panel. where is it ?  ::)

webmoney

onfulltilt

I've just installed two different copies of SMF 1.1.2 on two different web sites.  Both installs pretty much went off without a hitch.  Now I've tried installing the following mods on both sites and am having problems:

Ad Managment 2.3   
Custom Profile Field Mod 3.16

Both mod installs seemed to work okay, at least there were no error messages.  However, neither mod is displaying a control panel.  The funny thing is that after I installed Ad Management a space was inserted in the Configuration section section but the link to the control panel never actually showed up.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times now.

Hopefully this is a simple fix but since I'm very new to SMF I don't know what the problem is.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

KGIII

Are you using the default theme? If not you will need:

Manual Installation of Mods:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

onfulltilt

One of the installs is still using the default theme, the other is using a copy of the default theme.  Both are exhibiting the same problems of not displaying the mod control panels.

Could this be a chmod issue?  If so can I chomd the correct files myself?

KGIII

Double check the package itself and see if you can manually add the code required to insert the ad managment mod link into the administrative templates.

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

onfulltilt

I'm sorry I don't know how to do that.  Are there instructions for that anywhere?

I've done a bit more investigation.  I looked into the code on the admin page and there's actually a link for the mod (<a href="http://www.mysite.org/index.php?action=admod [nofollow]"></a>) but there's nothing in terms of text for the link to attach too, so the template was indeed modified when I installed the mod, just not correctly.  But even when I go to the URL above, I'm getting an incomplete page (see attached screen capture).

KGIII

My PC Support Forum
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

Ashu

hey how can i add advertisment in this mod?? like i have adbrite account and now how can i show adbrite's adds on that mod?? if it is possible

hairul

Hi,
Actually, im already install a few mod, but i cant see in admin panel.
Im using 1.1.5 SMF
I already install on default Themes : -

1.     Global Announcements     1.0
2.    Ad Managment    2.3    
3.    Custom Copyright    1.1.5

Till now, i cant see any MOD panel for above MOD.

Pls Advise

happyboredom

This had me stumped for a while too.

Make sure to change your default language to Englishand not utf8-english

Follow the hxxp:blog.infoentropy.com/How_show_SMF_Ad_Management_Mod_configurations_menus [nonactive]. It worked for me. I use the default theme.

Or, If you want utf-8 then hxxp:www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1802.0 [nonactive] might help. I haven't tried it.

NNR

Quote from: happyboredom on September 20, 2008, 03:56:45 AM

Follow the directions to change your language [nofollow]. It worked for me. I use the default theme.

Or, If you want utf-8 then this forum post [nofollow] might help. I haven't tried it.

Will Ad Management work for SMF 1.1.7.  I am being asked to upgrade to SMF 1.1.7. 

DrGonzo

I changed my language to just english and now I'm locked out with the connection problems error message. I tried to change it back on the repair_settings.php, but that didn't do the trick. Help please. 

abcx

Quote from: happyboredom on September 20, 2008, 03:56:45 AM

Follow the directions to change your language [nofollow]. It worked for me. I use the default theme.

Or, If you want utf-8 then this forum post [nofollow] might help. I haven't tried it.

It worked for me also. Thanks!

Advertisement: