News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post form???

Started by yellow1912, March 28, 2006, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellow1912

I want to let users create a new topic on the homepage, is there any function to do that? I tried Post() in Post.php but it didnt work as expected.

Thanks a lot.
My SMF forum ^^
An Ecommerce site I help to build

Kindred

we've been discussing this in another thread...   it's createPost() and post2()
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

yellow1912

Thanks kindred, I'll look for that topic, actually I guessed I needed those 2 functions, but still confused how to use it outsite of the board.
My SMF forum ^^

yellow1912

Uhm, I think i kinda get the idea now, but how do I get the whole post form (include the BBC, smileys, ....)? (Tried Post.template.php)
My SMF forum ^^

Kindred

check out the discussbot in the mambo/joomla discussion area.   Chadness managed to get smileys and BBS into the quickreply of the discussbot, which is external to SMF.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

yellow1912

Quote from: Kindred on March 28, 2006, 08:11:40 PM
check out the discussbot in the mambo/joomla discussion area.   Chadness managed to get smileys and BBS into the quickreply of the discussbot, which is external to SMF.
Thanks Kindred, actually I did look at his mod and I think what it does is that it parse bbc code and smileys (I dont know if I miss something, Im not very good at looking at a mountain of codes  :( , forgive me if I do).
I need a whole form with bbc, smileys,... like this:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2599/new2us.jpg
My SMF forum ^^

Advertisement: