Hidden/locked Forum + Posting rights

Started by forloyn, March 28, 2006, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forloyn

I need a mod that will let people post into a forum that they can NOT see and is LOCKED to them.

Basicly it will be 'bug reports' for a game and we don't want players reading the bug reports and exploiting the bugs, so I need a mod that will let them post into the forum but after they post they can ONLY see the posts they made and not the posts made by other players.

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.0.6
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.6

There are no MODs on the forum for it to conflit with. I am using the theam "Saf-Grey" so if the MOD could be codded to work for that theam I would be very thankfull.

If you need any more information feel free to PM me ^_^

Kindred

this should be a fairly simple mod...

if author or admin then show
else don't.

probably in either messageindex.php or messageindex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

forloyn

but it's just for one board the forum also houses the game genreal discushon and FAQ and other boards alone with the trade board so everyone has to see those posts.

Captain_Morrigan

I'm not sure how many member groups you have so this may be painful but go to the Manage Boards.

Modify the board permissions.

Click modify on the groups you would like to modify (Obviously not Tech support and what not) Modify the permissions to be:
I would change the:
Post replies to topics To own topic and allow it and deny (a strong no no but it might work) to replying to others topics. I don't know if this will allow them to see them or not. You may be able to mod the Permission to be able to only see own topics but I couldn't tell you how exactly.

Kindred

no, Captain... that won't work.   If they can see into the board, then they can read the posts... even if they can not respond.

Forloyn...   then just modify it a little...
if (boardID={bug boardID} && (if (author or admin)) then show
else don't.

still probably in either messageindex.php or messageindex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

forloyn

I still need help with this I have been digging around in the code for days now I can't find the place to add this, If someone can give me a step by step I would be very glad.

Azure

I am very interested in a mod or tweak that does this? Has there been any development in this direction?

Ryuoh

Im intrested in this also has there been anymore word on this?

Ryuoh

I know you can do this in VB and i was wondering if you could deny certain groups the right to see everyone else's posts and only see the ones that they created

vbgamer45

Quote from: Ryushi32 on October 28, 2006, 10:32:03 PM
I know you can do this in VB and i was wondering if you could deny certain groups the right to see everyone else's posts and only see the ones that they created
Not currently check out this mod that might help
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=228
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ryuoh

its sort of close but i want to be able to make a certain board like an application board were only groups i give permission to can see all the posts but were anyone who registers is able to post and see only their post and reply's to their post.

Ryuoh

Thanks for the link to that mod though.

kirra1

Yeah, you should be able to do exactly what you want by setting permissions and membergroups (ex: disallow guests, regular members from seeing a specific board - or set only members of a specific membergroup to be able to view a specific board)

Ryuoh

Quote from: kirra1 on November 01, 2006, 02:19:49 PM
Yeah, you should be able to do exactly what you want by setting permissions and membergroups (ex: disallow guests, regular members from seeing a specific board - or set only members of a specific membergroup to be able to view a specific board)

i want a regular member to be able to see only there own posts in a certan forum and other people to be able to post but only view their own posts. then to give any group i chose the permission to see all the posts in that forum. For a privacy thing for a support thread or application thread or submit something to leaders with out other people seeing it.

Ryuoh

Ryuoh

>.> i know there has got to be alot of people who would love something like this post here saying if you would use this!

Advertisement: