News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hosting Down by SMF

Started by marcot, March 29, 2006, 07:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcot

Dear all,

I am come from Hong Kong,
and I using the SMF for my Fellowship.
I use the Hosting Company call "SiteGround.com"

Now my totally post no. about 2500+
have only 65 members for my fellowship.
I use chinese charater in my SMF.

But the company tell me my website have overloading their server.
So, my site always down.

I want to know is SMF use large loading time?
is it really too heavy?

and can you all introduct some Hosting which can handle this loading of my SMF.

Ben_S

SMF runs perfectly well on hosts that aren't rubbish. 500GB for $5 / month. Please.

Almost any decent host can handle an SMF board of your size.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

definitive

Dear marcot,
please read my topic at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=78739.0
I recently wrote it, I am using siteground too, then there is a problem with siteground, so it is true that they are looking for a pretext to cancel membership. This month Most online users at the same time is 24 users. And siteground.com calls this overload, what a overload. I asked them then what will you call it when this number raises to 100s, lets see .

marcot

Dear definitive,

My case is as same as you, I use this page for about 6 months, but the problem come out at this month. I asked for why it happen and now I just use only me, because I turned the site to maintenance mode, but it also overloading the server.

I also think that it is a cheat for kick out some people.
I very angry about why only have this small amount of people use their server also overloading.
I asked many times for that, but the reply is only call me to use VPS.
you know the price is very expensive.
use $5 plan to attract people to join and cause overloading, when your website have large amount people use. than you may consider to use the VPS.... Bad Business!!!!!

Definitive, what hosting company are you using now?
can you share with me?

definitive

This is so recent from siteground.com:

QuoteHello,

I have just got in touch with our System Administrators. Their statement is that your website will be endangering the server.

Therefore -- the only option available for you is VPS.

Please, open a new ticket if you consider purchasing VPS.

Regards,

Brandon Fiery
SiteGround Support
[email protected]
www.siteground.com

So their technique is selling cheap hosting but then forcing tı buy a very expensive plan. I am still using www.siteground.com but i am looking for a good company. In our language we say, meal made with cheap meat doesnt taste good, thats very right

Admins please open a new sticky like "Hosts that must be awared" and a listing of rubbish hosts at the Hosts sections, don't let other smf friends being cheated.

marcot

=============================================
2006-03-29 06:03am by brandon - Hello Sir,

Unfortunately, your website is very heavy and it's tended to cause very high load of the shared hosting server where it resides.

Therefore, your hosting plan is recommended to be upgraded to VPS.

You can read more about our VPS offers here:

http://sitegroun.com/vps.htm [nofollow]

As an existing customer -- your setup fee will be waved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or require additional assistance.

Regards,

Brandon Fiery
SiteGround Support
[email protected]
www.siteground.com

======================================================

>:(The above message is the company reply me, it is same as you. >:(

definitive

Unfortunately all of us have been cheated, they send the same VPS thing to me everytime i ask them about the problem. I have got another plan from them a mambo site and it is about 50 mb, they don't say anything to it, but the smf site is more than 1 GB, altough they promise 12 GB, this increasing size began to hurt them, so they began to cry now. This will happen to every SMF users. Because they think they can't risk to move antoher host, you got so many content, attachments, users, but they will see.

Does anybody know where to send complaints about this host?

marcot

>:(
YES! I think so, I asked for about 10 post in the Support Area in SiteGround, but the reply is nearly same....

So, angry!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jerm

if they are voiding your contract and not meeting up with it, your best and only bet would be to file a complaint at http://www.bbb.org/
and just leave them..

Skeever

We got the same ****** like you guys from SiteGround, we are running a rather small smf forum.

My advice is, find a new host.

Advertisement: