News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF not sending out E-mail

Started by aw06, March 29, 2006, 08:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Really need some help on this one ...

Installed 1.0.5, immediatley after i updraded to 1.1 RC2, the problem i am having is that SMF is not sending out any emails to welcome members/newsletters/notify/report to moderator, nothing at all is being sent out :-[ no matter what e-mail addy i enter in the server config section, i even specify SMTP and enter in my email info, nothing still gets sent :-[ as a result of this i have the forum set to immediate registration ..

Please i need to resolve this A.S.A.P .. thanks 8)
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Oldiesmann

Have you checked your error log to see if there are any error messages in there?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

aw06

Only message cache errors i see in the log ....... can the problem be host related ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

MrSandman

I am having the same problem every since i install the patch for 1.1 RC 2    HELP!!! There are no error messages.

MrSandman

sendmail no longer seems to be an option, i only have smtp or php default. what is the file so i can change this to sendmail. i know sendmail works on my server. what is php default? im desperate and thanks for the help.

MrSandman

I found the problem. I didnt have this line in Settings.php configured.
$webmaster_email = '';      # Email address to send emails from. (like [email protected].)

aw06

i dont see that line at all in my settings file .. do we have to add it ?

aw06

Guys i cannot operate a fourm if it cannot send out emails :( . .where are the support people i need HELP !!! >:(

kegobeer

Did the email functions work prior to upgrading to RC2?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

aw06

1.0.5 installed upgraded immediatly after ...

Advertisement: