News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

UNABLE TO DETECT MYSQL SUPPORT

Started by DissolutionWIn, March 29, 2006, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DissolutionWIn

I am having an issue getting this installed....i have PHP installed on a windows server 2003 machine along with MySQL they r botht the latest versions. when i go and try to install it says...

The installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Click here to try this step again.

Ive gone thru everything i can think of. the extension is in the ini file and is uncommented. the site is
www.xpctemecula.com/forum/install.php

I NEED HELP!!!

kegobeer

Did you follow my recommendations I posted in your other thread?  You don't have your server properly configured.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

DissolutionWIn

i went on to hxxp:php.net [nonactive] and everything and it is installed correctly it just isnt working with MySQL...

DissolutionWIn

For a look at the php info just go to...

xpctemecula.com/phpinfo.php

Dannii

Please don't double post, use the edit button.

There is nothing in your phpinfo about mysql.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

DissolutionWIn

i know there is nothing in there about it...how do i get it in there? i cant find anything on hxxp:php.net [nonactive] about getting the 2 programs to work with each other...

Ben_S

You have to load the MySQL extension in php5, it isn't loaded by default. A search on google for "php 5" mysql extension will no doubt turn up what you are after.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

javerill

I have sambar 6.3 installed and owrking great!

PHP installed in c:\php
SMF installed in C:\sambar63\vhost\tgp\forum
MySQL is in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0

I hate to beat a dead horse but I am clueless. I would appreciate any help!

Jim

Niteblade

Quote from: DissolutionWIn on March 29, 2006, 09:11:03 PM
I am having an issue getting this installed....i have PHP installed on a windows server 2003 machine along with MySQL they r botht the latest versions. when i go and try to install it says...

The installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Click here to try this step again.

Ive gone thru everything i can think of. the extension is in the ini file and is uncommented. the site is
www.xpctemecula.com/forum/install.php

I NEED HELP!!!

Did you compile PHP with --with-mysql=/DIRECTORY/WHERE/MYSQL/IS

I don't know if that works for windows. I know I had to do it to get it to run with Debian.
affiliate blog

Advertisement: