News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Blank Pages FAQ/Checklist?

Started by makabi, March 31, 2006, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makabi

I'm having a problem that I have seen elsewhere on the forum, but without the best answers.

After I upgraded to 1.0.6, I have been experiencing blank pages when attempting to navigate the site, either at login or posting, etc.

I've seen some discussion here about that problem, but mostly the responses seem to negate the problem rather than address it.

- One person said it might be a browser issue with Firefox. I use Firefox, so I tried IE on another computer and had no problem, BUT...

- Another person had the same problem using IE, and no problem with Firefox.

- Another thread said it might have to do with cookies. I did notice that when I set up another user name (aside from my admin account) to test the site, that may have been the same time that the trouble started. But again, no trouble doing that with IE.

So the real question is: since people seem to be having some problems with this, is it possible for the developers to perhaps address this issue in a support FAQ?

These blank pages are not just our imagination.  :D

Thanks for all of your work! I've just switched from phpBB, and I'm really happy with SMF... except for the damned blank pages!

Ben_S

There isn't anything from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 that would cause it. Anything in the server error log or smf error log that may shed light on it?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

makabi

Thanks for the quick response, Ben.

I haven't checked the logs yet, but I'll have a look. I'm not having any trouble when I use Internet Explorer, so that would seem to indicate that there's nothing in the system that's causing it, but I'm wondering why Firefox would have this problem.

I guess that's why I'm curious as to whether or not the previous reports of blank pages have revealed any common causes, and if so, whether there are some known issues with certain browsers that we should know about?

Advertisement: