News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Huge Problem

Started by squirrelof09, March 31, 2006, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

I accidently deleted my forum from public_html/forum

The whole forum is gone, is their anyway to restore it ?

kegobeer

Just restore the files from your latest backup.  No backup?  If you didn't have any mods installed, you can just upload a fresh copy of SMF (except for the install.php file), edit the Settings.php file to reflect your MySQL information, and you should be good to go.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

squirrelof09

The only back up I have is the one I downloaded from *forum mantience*
if there is a way to install the back up of that please tell me.

kegobeer

Quote from: kegobeer on March 31, 2006, 07:48:45 PM
If you didn't have any mods installed, you can just upload a fresh copy of SMF (except for the install.php file), edit the Settings.php file to reflect your MySQL information, and you should be good to go.

Like I said, good to go.  Unless you deleted your database using phpMyAdmin or your website's control panel, the only things missing are the files.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

squirrelof09

Not sure if I understand exactly what you mean.

This is what I deleted

kegobeer

You deleted files, not the database.  Just download a copy of the SMF version you were running before you deleted the files, extract them to your computer, edit the Settings.php file and put in your MySQL database information, then upload the files into your forum directory.

squirrelof09

Umm, could you visit my sites cPanel and do that for me? (i am just a kid, and I dont want to screw anything up, I will PM you the password to the site cPanel.

Edit: the forum was RC2 it did have mods installed also.
Edit2: Is there someone else I can trust? kegobeer isnt active any more.

kegobeer

I'm like a ghost - you can't always see me, but I'm here.....

I can upload RC2 for you, but not any mods.

squirrelof09

Ok, I'l; be really happy if you can get this to work.

Check your PMs for the password.

squirrelof09

Forums just went down again.

*Not caused by me this time*

It says Connection Problems every time I visit the forums. I don't know what caused this either. Need help.

kegobeer

Someone changed the MySQL password for the account I created.  Are you sure it wasn't you?  ;)  I fixed it.

squirrelof09

One more problem, not sure if you read in your PMs. Every package I apply says their is problems in them. What do you think is causing this?

kegobeer

What packages are you trying to install, and what error messages do you get?

squirrelof09

I tried to install the password protect boards. (a mod I had installed before)

and I get this error

Sheepy

You should seek help at the mod's discussion thread instead.  Do read other posts before you post.

Advertisement: