News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Registration

Started by camayes, April 02, 2006, 09:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camayes

Alright, this may have been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it and I've been running searches for awhile now.

I'm currently setting up a website where I'd really like to use SMF, but its not integrated and the development team has yet to respond to my message regarding their need to integrate SMF.  All that is important for me at the moment is a global registration because the actual look is easy enough to configure to 'fit'.

What I need:
Perhaps a how-to on how to set the page up so users can register through the script I have and automatically be registered on the forums at signup.  I'm using something called MusicBox (hxxp:www.musicboxv2.com/ [nonactive]) for an upcoming project and need a forum (hoping to be able to use SMF) that will integrate nicely with the DB to share usernames and passwords.

If anyone could provide me with some help in doing so or at least a good point in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

camayes

Is there any information available on this?

celadore

I am dealing with the same issue.  I have a registration script that I wrote myself.  Once a new member registers on my site, their details are also added to the forum script (you need to know php and mysql to do this - I'm a newbie so it's not that hard).

You can transfer the username to the SMF database, as well as their real name (I also make sure their userid id the same).

The password though needs some attention.  You need to find the function they use to encrypt the password (md5_hmac) and use this to generate the password using the username and password supplied by the user before adding it into the database where the passwd needs to go.  I stumbled on this bit, but have it working now.

I just did this for my site you can see what I mean - http://www.ekenya.net/ [nofollow].  Although I am now trying to figure out why the latest member info has not been updated - missed something here.

I think global registration is in big demand, and would like to see where this has been addressed with SMF.  If someone could point us in the right direction it would be appreciated!

8)

Advertisement: