News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF needs a Favourites icon

Started by klumy, August 17, 2003, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seph|roth

* starts Firebird 0.6 one more time and investigates what the problem with it was again *

well, i've been having major problems getting all the needed plugins to work correctly--or getting them to work at all.
Plus, it still misses too much features that MyIE2 does have.

But as i said earlier, i really looks promising and i'm sure that future releases will take it to a higher level, making it (hopefully) worth downloading it again.

[Unknown]

Many browsers show the "favicon" in the tabs... but IE and IE based ones *ONLY SHOW IT* when the site is bookmarked in your favorites.

-[Unknown]

Seph|roth

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 17, 2003, 06:32:08 PM
Many browsers show the "favicon" in the tabs... but IE and IE based ones *ONLY SHOW IT* when the site is bookmarked in your favorites.

-[Unknown]
Absolutely NOT true, Google (for example) shows it too, and is definately not bookmarked. (using MyIE2)

sensovision

Mozilla show favicon all the time even if I not bookmark the site ;) so why ot use Mozilla while Firebird isn't ready? ;D

Seph|roth

Quote from: bostasp on August 17, 2003, 06:46:08 PM
He did say IE
But he also said "IE based ones", and MyIE2 is IE based...

Seph|roth

Quote from: sensovision on August 17, 2003, 06:52:06 PM
Mozilla show favicon all the time even if I not bookmark the site ;) so why ot use Mozilla while Firebird isn't ready? ;D
Because i'm perfectly happy with MyIE2 now.. no need to change browsers just to be able to always see the favicon, methinks?  :o

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: Seph|roth on August 17, 2003, 05:46:31 PM
* starts Firebird 0.6 one more time and investigates what the problem with it was again *

well, i've been having major problems getting all the needed plugins to work correctly--or getting them to work at all.
Plus, it still misses too much features that MyIE2 does have.

But as i said earlier, i really looks promising and i'm sure that future releases will take it to a higher level, making it (hopefully) worth downloading it again.
ah, yes, you need to install the registry first in order to do that
or, better: use the installer
FB installer: http://seb.mozdev.org/firebird/#download
FB installer optimized for P3 and above: http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=3567

Seph|roth

hmm.. well, thank you for those links, but i'm satisfied with MyIE2 for now, i'll jist wait for 1.0 to be released  ;)

klumy

Quote from: Seph|roth on August 18, 2003, 07:30:18 AM
hmm.. well, thank you for those links, but i'm satisfied with MyIE2 for now, i'll jist wait for 1.0 to be released  ;)

glad to hear
if you like just join at the myie2 Forum to make MYIE2 much better than it is now ;)

http://myiebbs.yeah.net/

klumy

The forum members are important not the forumsoftware itself.
The MYIE2 forum consist of very nice and helpful members. Like here on the SMF board.  :)

klumy

I see.
IMO it's not so fast like YabbSE or SMF. But it has a very good professional design. Especially I like the handling of BBC tags. It's a mixture of JAvascript dialogs and normal tags like here in SMF.

The official Terminator 3 Forum also uses WebWiz Forum. Just for info  :D

klumy

What is a ganter, if I may ask?  ??? :)

klumy

I see. Thanks for the explanation  :)

SparkieGeek

Part of the confusion might have been that it was spelt wrong... at least I assume it was! Gander

klumy

yeah Babylon didn't show any translation for ganter. But gander works  :)

mattsiegman

Then you've always said it wrong ;)
-- Matt Siegman

Seph|roth

Quote from: bostasp on August 18, 2003, 12:33:04 PM
QuotePowered by Web Wiz Forums version 7.01

oo err....  :-\
`
wow, that forum actually looks great! very professional!

oo bad it's in ASP or i would've switched already :o   :P

klumy

regarding the Favicon thread:

It seems so this is an issue with IE. Because Opera and Mozilla shows the Favicon but IE 6SP1 not. IT has been also confirmed in MYIE2 Forum  :o

klumy

Which 3 browser do you have installed?

Mine are

MYIE2, Opera, Mozilla
BUt MYIE2 is primary browser

Advertisement: