Salvaged board..

Started by Joges, April 04, 2006, 01:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joges

I have thousands of messages which I cannot delete. How the clean up the database of those old phpBB messages which were sometimes deleted, but seems to have stored into database and now they appear after I do the check database in acp.

If I do it -how it should be done-, site times out or something, it whines that connection to mysql server was lost.

Aaron

Go to Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Find and fix all errors. A salvage board will be created containing all these messages. You can delete those as usual then. :)

Joges

I have tried, but the following error occuers:Database error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /SMF/Sources/RemoveTopic.php
Line: 355

EDIT: Error comes after the delete attempt
EDIT: Well.. you could see that from the url, removetopic.php ;)

Joges

I can't remove even a single post/thread if it is located in salvaged board! Weird..
Something is really back f***ed up now! Statistics shows that there are 16 786 992 posts in 16 784 594 thread.

Aaron

Try recalculating the forum statistics?

Joges

Problem solved. I had to do some tricks with phpmyadmin. Terrible amount of work.. but now it works. Thank you anyway for support!

Nomadic

Really annoys me when people solve their own problems but don't post a solution. To those of you dealing with this here is what you do.

1) Backup your database (Seriously, don't skip this step... do it)
2) Access your forum's database
3) What you want to do is run a SQL query to the effect of:

DELETE FROM smf_messages WHERE board_id = <id of the salvaged posts board>

4) Let it run for awhile this can take a long time, I had 121,000 posts to remove on mine and it took about 10-20 minutes to chew through them
5) Delete the salvaged board board.

Advertisement: