News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need Help to optimize

Started by La Patita, April 04, 2006, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Patita

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Hi

I need help to optimize my forum. My hosting company changed my site to a VPS server, but after a month they say that I have to upgrade the package because of the CPU usages, I have allready made changes in the last days but they are going to check 7 April, to see changes.

A link to your forum. hxxp:www.adictv.info/foro [nonactive]
A link to your status.php - hxxp:www.adictv.info/foro/status.php [nonactive]
a link to your phpinfo.php - hxxp:www.adictv.info/foro/phpinfo.php [nonactive]
Is this a dedicated server or shared host. Its a VPS server 512M hxxp:inmotionhosting.com/dedicated_server.html [nonactive]
The Number of posts your forum has.  It was above 220,000 and I deleted posts,Now There are 144433 posts
The Average number of users you have online during peak time and over what time period that is over. Picks  is 250 users 30 minuts(sunday nights), during the day is 160 average
A list of mods which you have installed
SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update   1.0         
Ad Managment   1.4 
Award Mod

Do you still have performance issues if you use the default theme? I haven't test it
A list of the suggestions you have already implemented from the README: Checklist for performance problems topic.    I changed some tables to InnoDB

I dont know about this, because Im a housewife  :P and this is a hobbie. Right now Some people is helping me to pay this, but I can not afford to upgrade the hosting package.They want me to change from  VPS512 to VPS1024.

Thanks  and sorry for my english.

WhoIsShe

With that much traffic you should be able to make enough to pay for the best hosting.  I checked your status.php and your server doesn't appear loaded at all.

La Patita

Well, I already have deleted a lot of messages and it looks like it helped.

Advertisement: