Forum suddenly runs slow

Started by Azul, April 05, 2006, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azul

Always used yabb / yabbse / smf and never had problems. Since a few days the forum runs really slow and i don't know why.

I've uploaded the status.php file:
hxxp:www.amazigh.nl/aforum/status.php [nonactive]

The website runs normal, it also uses mysql on the same server.

Mactom1796

SMF 1.0.7

Hi I am 1st time webmaster and just installed 1.0.7 last night it worked fine last night but today I have had the same problem as Azul could is be an issue with the latest version?

Ben_S

More than likerly down to an overloaded server, is it still the same?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

ediww

paranoid (but not completely joking):

any chance of issues with the new patch or some crawlers trying to exploit the security problems which it fixes?

can someone post at least clue about what to look up in the logs for such attempts?

wwell edi
Beep-beep-beep. Beep-woop-woo. Beep-boop.

Ben_S

There aren't any issues with the patch, it was a very basic modification that has no chance of causing any issues.

Certainly won't be down to bots, it's exploitability is low so there won't be bots looking for it like there was with the phpbb worm.

ediww

Beep-beep-beep. Beep-woop-woo. Beep-boop.

Azul

My provider switched ip adres and that caused the forum to load very slow. I re installed the forum and that fixed it.

Mactom1796

I manged ti fix my prob it turned out to be a settings related problem i found the answer on this forum   :)

Ben_S

What was it in case anyone else has the same problem?

Mactom1796

Quote from: Ben_S on April 10, 2006, 12:14:32 PM
What was it in case anyone else has the same problem?
for me it was simply looking at the performance check list and disabling the avatar check

Advertisement: