News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Package Servers

Started by B Patterson, April 13, 2006, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Patterson

Can we remove the non-usable package servers?  right now, only the SMF hosted server gives any meaningful response.  [Unknown]'s package server is down, Grudge took his down, and the other one isn't even up yet.

I'm glad that we will have more than one repository, but can we please remove the "bad" ones so that we see only working ones?  I'm sure this is just a minor code edit.

H

I believe the latest SMF 1.1 does remove these.

* huwnet goes to check
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

B Patterson

I'm using 1.1 RC2 and they're still there....

H

Indeed they are, I looked in the place they used to be.

I will flag this as an item that needs attention
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Dannii

You can remove non-working package servers from within the package manager. Click "[ Delete ]"
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

B Patterson

No, not non-working packages, Non-working package servers.  The list of package servers that's populated through whatever JS function connects to here to find them.  I know I can click "delete" to remove the packages, it's the servers that are there that shouldn't be.

Dannii

Package servers also have a delete button.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

B Patterson

Ah yes, but shouldn't SMF do this automatically?

Dannii

No. nothing should be automatically deleted.

B Patterson

Well, let me rephrase.

Shouldn't SMF automatically check to see if the server is up and if it's not, hide it from the list of available download servers?  This would seem to make more sense to me as then there'd be no confusion as to which works and which doesn't.

Advertisement: