News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Buddy Message Highlight

Started by jerm, April 18, 2006, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

Link to Mod

This mod will highlight posts/PM's that your buddies have posted in.

On the message index page your buddies post will be highlighted if they have posted in it.
On the thread page, your buddies post will be highlighted.
On the PM page, your buddies PM's will be highlighted.
A User now has the option to disable highlighting by going into their look and layout preferences.
You can change the color of the highlighted post by going into your features and options section > Enter Color to display buddy's posts(in hex). Color must be inputed in a hex number.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Prasad007

eriktm

winrules

Nice mod, but how about giving individual users the choice wether to use it or not. (could be done with a profile field made with unknowns tutorial)

PS:

<id>jeremy:ads</id>
<version>1.6</version>

in install.xml should be

<id>jeremy:buddy</id>
<version>1.0</version>

and you have 2 readme entries in the packageinfo file, you only need one, sorry for going around your install files :P, great mod

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

jerm

Quote from: winrules on April 22, 2006, 04:39:14 PM
Nice mod, but how about giving individual users the choice wether to use it or not. (could be done with a profile field made with unknowns tutorial)
already ahead of you on that one :), its going to be in the next version. just with exams i have no time to code it in.. wait a couple weeks.. that and more will be included

Quote from: winrules on April 22, 2006, 04:39:14 PM
PS:

<id>jeremy:ads</id>
<version>1.6</version>

in install.xml should be

<id>jeremy:buddy</id>
<version>1.0</version>

and you have 2 readme entries in the packageinfo file, you only need one, sorry for going around your install files :P, great mod

mmmm
:/ guess you can see where i copied my install.xml file from lol
i'll have to change that later.. not a big deal at the moment

eriktm

lol

What if somebody wanna both of your mods, get the warning, and don't think they should continue because they can get some big errors :P

sbarnes

Great mod, works well.

I see you are making a new version.

Just wondered if you could incorperate a feature so that i can use the mod on my two different themes.

They are the same theme but one is light and one is dark. If I choose a nice colour for one I cannot see the text in the other.

Many thanks

jerm

there is a new version of this mod out that has a few more options.
enjoy :)

Xarcell

Any update on this mod? Does it work with RC3?

Xarcell

Nice mod, but I think it would be better to call the color from the stylesheet.

Emrak

EDivMountie

Brilliant mod! Works very well. Thank you.

Pete

HeavensALie

How can i  change the colors jerm?
z

IchBin™

In Admin > Features and Options > basic features. You have an option to choose the color of the buddies.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

HeavensALie

z

drhamad

This seems like a silly question but (having not downloaded it)... how do you define who your buddies are?  Is that part of this mod as well?  I'm more interested in some sort of buddy list than I am in the highlighting part of this...
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

IchBin™

You click on someones profile and click the link to add them to your buddy list. The buddy features is built into SMF. Buddy Message Highlight is only a mod to add to the existing buddy feature.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

drhamad

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 30, 2007, 06:33:06 PM
You click on someones profile and click the link to add them to your buddy list. The buddy features is built into SMF. Buddy Message Highlight is only a mod to add to the existing buddy feature.

OK seriously, I never even knew this.  I've found it now.  *smacks head*
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

FireDitto

Hrm, would it be possible to adjust it so that you can choose colours - in your profile options, perhaps - so that each buddy is a different highlight colour? Because I have 2-3 buddies, depending and if they were able to be highlighted different colours, that'd be awesome, and make things a little easier, too.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Advertisement: