Default Membergroup=display stars; Opposed to always show admin stars....

Started by brentwalker, April 21, 2006, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentwalker

Within my forum I am both the admin and member of the forum.  I used the same personal account to post and administrate the forum.  I would like for my "Star" rating be displayed in respect to my membergroup not the 5 stars that go with being an Administrator.  As it is now, my member group is displayed but the stars are in respect to the admin group not my member group.  No matter how many posts I submit, I always have 5 stars.

I submitted this same question previously in the Support Forum and it was suggested that I submit it here.   See (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=83211.0)

This prevents me from having to log on seperately to do administration things while being logged on with my personal account.

Any help or ideas?

thanks and I love this product.
Brent

Sverre

What about setting Primary Membergroup to "no primary membergroup" and give Administrator privileges through Additional Membergroups?

brentwalker

Not sure if I understand your reply but the primary membergroup is determined by the number of posts one submits.  I do not know what you mean by "
Quote from: Sverre on April 21, 2006, 05:58:32 PM
give Administrator privileges through Additional Membergroups?

Sorry, I am new with SMF and forums in general but am learning quickly.  Thanks for the reply.
Brent

Sverre

Profile > Account Related Settings > Primary Membergroup/Additional Membergroups

Set Primary Membergroup to "no primary membergroup" and check Administrator under Additional Membergroups.

brentwalker

Advertisement: