trying to add site meter

Started by {ShineWonder}, April 25, 2006, 02:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

{ShineWonder}

I have spent the last few hours searchign here and tryign all the suggestions offered in threads I have found about adding site meter code to my message board main page...

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/helios_multi/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

that is the error I get each time.

this is the code site meter told me to add

Quote*removed sitememeter info quote seeing no longer needed*

index.template.php  <--- that is the file I was trying to add it to in the theme template I am using

I do feel liek a newb to have to ask... but I DID look and look and try lots of stuff so someone please humour me!

hxxp:www.shinekelly.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]
hxxp:www.shinekelly.com [nonactive]

{ShineWonder}

never mind, I finally worked it out myself...

mrloo2k4

can you share it?  How did you do it?

L.G.S

FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

{ShineWonder}

ahh well!

It depends where you want it.

I wanted it down there very bottom of my messageboard so I had to find the bit that dealt with that. it took lotsof trial and error!
Turns out that I had it right a few times but due to the fact most of my stuff was still pointing to the old directory that I had moved my forum from a few days before - it didn't show ont he new site.
But that is by the by and you only need to know this part...

I put it in the index.template.php file of my theme (in this case helios_multi). I put it between these tags
<div style="text-align: center;"></div>

I found the right spot to put it by looking at the properties of the images that were already at the bottom of my forum where I wanted the site meter thingy to be then I just slotted in the html site meter gave me in that spot and uploaded and had a look if it was in the right spot and that was it!

If you want to check it out take a hxxp:www.shinekelly.forum [nonactive]

Hmm I hope that was clear enough. I have  no idea how familiar you are with your files and codes and such.

Advertisement: