How do you add a link or change the link of an existing button

Started by retrow, April 29, 2006, 10:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrow

I know there is a thread about it somewhere on the board, but the server was overload and I was gettting a "server busy, try later" message for over 2 hours so here is the question.

I need to change the link on the home button to point to the home page of the website instead of the forum home page. I am guessing I have to change the line in index.template.php which says

Quote// Show the [home] and [help] buttons.
   echo $tab1, $ca== 'home' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '">'.$txt[103]. '</a></td>';
   echo $tab1, $ca== 'help' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help" >'.$txt[119]. '</a></td>';

So my question has two parts - where do I find the list of text lines [like 103 and 119 over here], and how do I change it to read a direct link instead of going through a script.

Thanks

Dannii

$txt[103] (and 119) Will be in one of the template files, can't remember exactly which, index.english.php prehaps.

To make a direct url, change
<a href="', $scripturl, '">
to
<a href="http://yourdomain.com">
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Advertisement: