News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Including a Single post & displaying news from more then one board.

Started by smartmlp, April 30, 2006, 02:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smartmlp

Hello, I have 2 questions here:
I would like to include a single specific post off the forum onto my site, how can this be done?

Also, I have news on my page that is being pulled off the forum using the SSI.php file, is there a way to include more news from more then 1 forum but still have it listed in alphabetical order?

Thanks in advanced,
smartmlp.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smartmlp

I discovered this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16345.0
However, after following the modifications the ssi no longer works and I get SQL errors.

Kindred

there are alot of different modifications listed in that thread...   what exactly did you do?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smartmlp

Its actually 1 idea implemented in a lot of different ways, and it seems that the way towards the bottom of the thread is the best, and its what I tried.

Kindred

Please be more specific.   Either copy the changes that you actually made or link to the post that indicates those changes.  saying "at the bottom of the thread" is almost as usless as saying I did the changes suggested in that thread"

I'm not a mind reader...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: