Importing mbox/Yahoo Group archive???

Started by mconsidine, May 07, 2006, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mconsidine

SMF Version: Version not known
Hi,
I'm new to this group and hope I've found the right subboard to post this question to.  Apologies if I haven't :)

I need to import the history of a Yahoo group, as I would like to build a forum off of it.  I haven't selected the forum software, but think that SMF is the one.  I've checked the archives and cannot find this specific problem addressed.

My thought is that if I can get the yahoo group history into an mbox format, I might be able to import it somehow into forum software.  I do not need to have email list/digest capabilities (so I don't need to be pointed to all those threads!)

So, in short : Can anyone tell me if this is doable with SMF?  I have searched the archives here for "mbox" and looked at the feature list, but do not see if there is an "mbox import" capability.

Again, I apologize if I have overlooked the answer to this in the archives.  If someone could point me to the solution (or lack of one),  I'd be appreciative.

Sincerely,
Matt Considine

maranate

Did you ever figure anything out with this?  It's a great question and I would like to know the answer as well as I too have a pretty active Yahoo! Group I'd like to put in an archive somewhere.

Oldiesmann

How do you export the messages to the mbox format? I've got a Yahoo group that I've decided to shut down due to inactivity, but would like to have the option to import the messages someplace, so if I can get the archive of the messages, I can probably figure out how to import them into SMF.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: