Mysql problem with php5

Started by viper151, May 11, 2006, 06:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper151

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.7
i've done all the settings but when i start install i get this error message

The installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

so i checked if its good configured..i created a new table with the name demo..then i put two names in the table and wrote this code<?

$mysqli = new mysqli('localhost','root','admin');
$mysqli->select_db('demo');

$result = $mysqli->query("SELECT * FROM members");

while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) {
print $row['firstName'] . ' ' . $row['lastName'] . '<br/>';
}
i checked that in apache server and its working perfect... i tryied again to run install.php and i have the same error message...wat have i done wrong??

Oldiesmann

You need to compile PHP with --with-mysql, or modify a bunch of stuff in SMF to make it use mysqli instead. If you would prefer to use MySQLi instead, I can tell you what you need to change, although it would probably be easier to just use the regular MySQL library.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

viper151

that means??? :P sorry i am totally noob  :P i thought i 've done right the compilation between php and mysql..can u plz tell me how to compile them or how to make smf work?? ;)

kegobeer

Quote from: viper151 on May 11, 2006, 12:15:47 PM
that means??? :P sorry i am totally noob  :P i thought i 've done right the compilation between php and mysql..can u plz tell me how to compile them or how to make smf work?? ;)

Follow Oldiesmann's instructions.  For more assistance, provide us with your server configuration information.  Linux and Windows procedures are completely different.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

viper151

how do i compile those to?or how i do make smf work with mysqli?

kegobeer

For more assistance, provide us with your server configuration information.  Linux and Windows procedures are completely different.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

viper151

Windows xp pro  ,mysql 4.1 php 5 ..if u want more let me know

kegobeer

You need to edit php.ini and enable mysql support.  Restart Apache after making your changes.

I certainly hope this is just a test environment - I strongly discourage using this system in a real web environment.

viper151

no thats a test server of course  :P..
i changed this
;extension=php_mysql.dll
to
extension=php_mysql.dll

only php_mysql is activated but nothing happened

by the way i used php installer not zip folder...and i changed only php.ini

kegobeer

Don't use the PHP installer.  You don't have full control over your setup (even the PHP site recommends against using the installer).  Did you restart Apache after making the changes?  Did you try restarting your computer?

You should Google for WAMP and find a good tutorial on how to set up a Windows test server with Apache, MySQL and PHP.  Until your server is properly configured, you can't use SMF.

viper151

Thx a lot ;) it was very useful informations.il try it and i.ll come back if i have the same problem again

viper151

ok i installed all right..but when i press continue to smf installer i get a blank page with the simple machine forum logo on the right...and thats all.i cant press nothing..and index is not starting... :-\

Oldiesmann

Check the server error log and look for an "error_log" file in your SMF directory to see if there are any error messages that might be helpful.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: