News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

problem with SMF upgrade 1.1rc2

Started by joeynymets, May 12, 2006, 08:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeynymets

Hello i have SMF 1.0.7 and im having trouble upgrading it to 1.1rc2 i used the SmartFTP v2.0 program to uploaded the file to my server and when i went to the link of the uploaded folder i got this message
Warning: main(/home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/index.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/index.php on line 44

Any idea why?

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

joeynymets

yes but i got this message
QuoteWarning: main(/home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/upgrade.php on line 42

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jnym/public_html/forum/upgrade/smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade/upgrade.php on line 42

Am i supposed to upload the whole folder or just upgrade.php?

saadahmed007

You have to upload the whole upgrade package and by the way
the error you are facing means that you didnt uploaded all files upload them ;D

Dannii

Upload the files over the top of the existing SMF forum, not into a new directory.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

joeynymets

oh so if the forum address is hxxp:www.mysite.com/forum [nonactive] i have to upload it to hxxp:www.mysite.com/forum [nonactive]?

joeynymets

ok im still having a problem in SmartFTP i choose to upload it but it just make it a folder in the forum section

Advertisement: