A popup box for inserting Image and also Hyperlink similar to IPB boards

Started by Vinspire, May 12, 2006, 11:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinspire

A popup box for inserting Image and also Hyperlink similar to IPB boards.

Reason : Ease of pasting the link for the image and hyperlink. Those who are new to foruming and computers would not know what to do given the code
"[..img][../img] / [..url][../url]"

Image Example:

AnkitG

I think this might be a good idea, it's much simpler to use for those who aren't familiar with the board's code.
hxxp:www.cernax.com [nonactive] - "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

Vinspire

Quote from: AnkitG on May 13, 2006, 02:40:53 AM
I think this might be a good idea, it's much simpler to use for those who aren't familiar with the board's code.

Yeap. Same goes to the "insert hyperlink / html" function :) :) :)

So, anyone with the good news ?

Burpee

This is easily done with javascript. I suppose this hasn't been done because it may have downsides. However, if nobody actually knows what these downsides are, then I suppose it should just be put in.

Vinspire

Quote from: Burpee on May 13, 2006, 06:28:08 AM
This is easily done with javascript. I suppose this hasn't been done because it may have downsides. However, if nobody actually knows what these downsides are, then I suppose it should just be put in.

Don't know about the others but i dont know how to do so ...  :'( :'( :'(

Vinspire

Burpee

Why not try it yourself? Just look at the javascript in IPB and then try to fit it into the javascript in SMF. I think it's named a "prompt" in javascript.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

I've bookmarked this topic... hopefully, I can get it done for you :D

-Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Vinspire

Quote from: ChristianH. on May 19, 2006, 10:15:15 AM
I've bookmarked this topic... hopefully, I can get it done for you :D

-Christian

I really wish to have this in my site. Thanks in advance Christian :)

Skipdawg

This could be helpful for cleaner links in post. I know over the years I've gotten lazy about typing out a html or bbc code for a link and just post a full url  ::) This would be nice.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community