News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

$txt['hello_member']

Started by unrelenting, May 13, 2006, 06:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unrelenting

I'd like to change what this value(?) equals. I assume that there is a database or something somewhere that sets what this means because it comes out as "Hey".

Where are all of these $txt[] thingys defined? I can't find them. Is it in a file or in the database itself?  :-\

-Rookie

Freiluft

themes>default>languages>index.[whatever language].php

The place to go to cure dangling prepositions, missing commas, and other ills.

unrelenting

Thanks a lot, Freiluft.

I've tried 2 different file searching utilities to seach for the $txt lines and neither would find any. I can't figure out why.  :-\

Rudolf

Try Total Commander's search in files feature.
It never misses. ;)
®
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

unrelenting

Freiluft

The language file isn't so cumbersome that you can't skim through it by hand. Besides, the tags that aren't numbered are close to the bottom.

Depending on when you installed RC2, however, this text may be 'hello_member' (older) or 'hello_member_ndt' (newer). At least I had a newer theme that called for the latter tag while our language file had the former.

unrelenting

Quote from: Freiluft on May 14, 2006, 01:28:25 PM
The language file isn't so cumbersome that you can't skim through it by hand. Besides, the tags that aren't numbered are close to the bottom.

Depending on when you installed RC2, however, this text may be 'hello_member' (older) or 'hello_member_ndt' (newer). At least I had a newer theme that called for the latter tag while our language file had the former.

Yeah, I meant prior to you showing me where it was all located I couldn't find it with a text search.

All is well now.

Advertisement: