News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Getting error "Session verification failed ......" - ideas?

Started by strange, May 14, 2006, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strange

Whenever I try to do almost anything, log out, log into the admin panel, post a topic.. I get the error:

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

Clearly I can't log out.. and everyone else on the forum is also having this problem.  I recently installed 4images 1.7.2.. a web image gallery deal.. and an image creater to resize images into thumbnails, but I don't believe those are part of the problem.

Sorry if this post has been posted already, I'll look around but I couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot,
Noah

J. Williams

Strange,Please specify your SMF version,PHP & MYSQL Version.

Also check This Topic To see if that fixes your issue temp.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

I'm not positive but i THINK i'm on php4.5...... and i don't know my mysql version.  any way to find that out?

I'm running 1.0.7 SMF.

J. Williams

Well have you tried following the instructions in the topic link given?
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

I'm doing it right now, but I still need to know how to find out my mySQL version.. for you.

J. Williams

If you have cpanel,it should display it but for the moment it is not required.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

I do but I personally don't have access to it.. I'm hosting it off a friend who isn't available right now.  I tried the thing in the thread you linked me to, no change.

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

Would that mean me logging into the admin panel?  or physically deleting them from the ftp?

And what sources? .. sorry, I'm a little noobish here.

J. Williams

1. In admin panel
2. Delete the directory called sources in the forum - And replace it with ones from download page
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

J. Williams

Well if you have FTP Access,Delete the directories marked sources & themes(backup this if custom) and then replace them.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

should i delete them and replace them with the ones ibacked up?  or completely new ones?

J. Williams

If you have mods installed,I don't recommend it. Replace them with the ones that are completely new.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

strange

i don't think i had any mods.  i just replaced them, they're uploading right now.

i'll let you know if it works :P

strange

strange

strange

J. Williams

Strange,Since none of the method work. My conclusion is bad php configuration on your host.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Advertisement: