Looking for VBookie Mod

Started by jchach, May 14, 2006, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchach

I'm wondering if anyone can make this Mod for me.

Here is a description for it:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65844 [nofollow]

I would like for a few changes done to this:

1) Change the "vcash" name to say: ToteMoney

2) Once you place the "odds" in the column, the "odds" cannot be changed to reflect the "odds" that the horses were at when the race started. I would like to be able to change the odds to the post time odds after the race is done. Will this be possible??

3) How do I incorporate this into my YAP-SMF mix??

Thanks in advanced for all your help.

John

jchach

Can this mod be used with SMF or do a whole bunch of changes have to be made in order for it to work??

JayBachatero

What exactly does this do?  Also can you post a link the snapshots?  I can't see it cause I need to log in.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

jchach

vBookie

Introduction

vBookie is a 'bookmakers' or betting extension to vBulletin. It enables authorised members to post Events and Outcomes that forum members can bet on. Each Outcome has its own set of odds, and odds can be modified through the life of an Event (bets that are placed are stored with the prevailing odds, so even if the odds change, your users are paid at the correct rate).

Once the results are known, Events can be settled and forums members awarded their winnings.

vBookie uses its own vCash by default, but this has no more use than as 'bragging rights'. However, vBookie also comes with a built-in switch to allow it to use either uCash or Petz money instead. That means that all bets are paid for and settled using uCash or Petz money, making betting even more attractive than just for fun on forums with uShop/Petz installed. Although vBookie does not have any built-in facility to integrate with any other store hacks, it's a very simple job to hack vBookie itself to integrate it with any store/points system you care to use.

Features

master switch to turn vBookie off
option to use uCash
option to use Petz money
settings to restrict the creation of Events to specific user groups
settings to restrict which user groups can bet on Events
settings to restrict which user groups can edit or settle other people's Events
per-Event, specify whether punters may bet on more than one outcome
optional 'charity mode' so that the poorest members of the forum always have something to play with
supplied with a module for vBadvanced

Please click  if you install this hack, thanks. Please also let me know - send me an email or a PM. If you'd let me know the forum URL too that'd be cool!

vBookie is free, and will remain free.

Updates

1.0.0 -> 1.0.1

- adds the ability to delete Events. See this post for upgrade instructions if you already have 1.0.0

1.0.1 -> 1.0.2

Corrected a minor bug with the charity mode when using uCash. See this post for manual upgrade instructions from 1.0.1.

1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Corrected a minor bug with the richest people display when using uCash. Just overwrite includes/functions_vbookie.php with the one from the new Zip file.

1.0.3 -> 1.0.4

Corrected some date display problems when using "Detailed" dates. For manual update instructions, see this post.

Corrected Petz bug whereby all winnings were paid to the bet's owner rather than individual winners. To upgrade from 1.03 or earlier, see this post or overwrite includes/functions.vbookie.php with the 1.0.4 version.

Problems?

-> Petz - If you are using Petz there is a bug in all versions up to and inclusing 1.0.3. Your players won't get paid their winning, and all payouts will end up in the account of the person that posted the Event. To correct this, please see this post. This fix will be incororated into 1.0.4 onwards.

-> If you can't post Events, or can't bet on them make sure you have set your user permissions

-> If you have an SQL error Invalid SQL: UPDATE SET =25 WHERE <25 make sure you are using version 1.0.3 or later.

-> If you have any other general problems, please check the installation/hack instructions and make sure you have carried out all the steps and also check that you made the changes correctly

Anything else, ask in this thread.

Other Stuff

-> If you are using Detailed Date & Time display and have a problem with Event dates appearing as '1 Minute Ago', see this post.

-> If you want to use poster 'Reputation' as the currency for vBookie, see this post.

About Odds

Odds of "5/1" are "amount won per amount placed". This means that I would win 5 for every 1 placed. Of course, if I win, I get my stake back as well. Odds of "1/5" means that I win 1 for every 5 placed. I'd have to place 25 to win just 5.

Decimal Odds

Decimal odds are just another way of displaying the same information. 2.0 is the same as 2/1. 0.2 is the same as 1/5. vBookie only lets you specify odds in terms of x/y, but if you think in terms of decimal you can still work out what odds to provide. Simply think of your decimal odds as "2.0 / 1.0" or "0.5 / 1.0" and then multiply each side through by 10 or 100 until there are only zeros to the right of the decimal point, then just take the whole number part.

2.0 / 1.0 has no decimals, so this is the same as 2/1

0.5 / 1.0 has a 0.5, so multiply both parts by 10 to get 5.0 / 10.0. Then you can specify your odds as 5 / 10. You might also realise that this is the same as 1/2. The technique is a simple way to work out any odds you may need to specify.

Odds of 0.65 -> 0.65 / 1.0 -> 65.0 / 100.0 or 65/100. Then you can divide through by 5 to get to 13 / 20, although this step isn't necessary.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/vbookie.php?type=SETTLED&selecttype=Go [nofollow]
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27991 [nofollow]
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/vbookie.php?do=viewitem&item_id=41 [nofollow]
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/vbookie.php [nofollow]
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/vbookie.php?do=stats [nofollow]

jchach

The thing about this is if you dont purchase it, they wont let you see the photos of it.

JayBachatero

Ummm how do you add these events?  If I'm able to get a good understanding of how this works the features and so on I can take a shot at this but that would be over the summer when I get out of school.
Follow me on Twitter

jchach

Jay, all events are loaded manually. There is a box for the horses name & odds that are typed in manually. Once you do that, you set the time for the race to close so no one can make anymore wagers on it & there is a time you can set so when the race is over, you click a check box on whoever won the race & it automatically pays out to the winning members who had that horse. It is integrated right into the posting sections so when you make a new post, you have an option of setting this as a betting race. I wish I can find a demo of this so you can get a better look at it. I'll try to find one.

Thanks

John

JayBachatero

If you can get a demo that would be great.
Follow me on Twitter

weeboab

there is also a phpbb version by majorflam.
Demo on the link below

hxxp:www.cutemeter.com/forums/bookies.php?sid=6daa85c561198056414b35f5d514f6eb [nonactive]

Plenty of sports sites using smf,im sure a bookmaker mod would be very popular.

Advertisement: