News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HTML in Profile Fields

Started by ViRUS497, May 15, 2006, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViRUS497

What I'm trying to do is add a section for my clan's forums that displays their accomplishments within the clan by putting ittle images of medals.  Something like this below:

To This -->

I know you can use "doUBBC" in front of the "$context['member']['options']['profile_medals']" but BBCode doesn't allow me to use alt text.  Alt text is important to this little project I'm doing so others can see why that member got that medal.  If someone could tell me how to make the content of the profile field allow HTML I'd be very appreciative.  Thanks in advance.  Here is a snippet of the code I'm using in "Profile.template.php" after following Unknown's tutorial:

<td><b>Acquired Medals: </b></td>';

if ($context['user']['is_admin'])
{ echo '
<td><input type="text" name="default_options[profile_medals]" size="60" value="', @$context['member']['options']['profile_medals'], '" /></td>';
} else {
echo '
<td>', $context['member']['options']['profile_medals'], '</td>';
}
echo '
</tr>';

B Patterson

Have you tried logging out and not viewing as an admin?  Seems to me that's an issue right there ;)

winrules

any HTML is removed from custom profile fields made using the default_options[] method. If you want to change it you will ahve to modify the SMF source.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Advertisement: