Problem with Copyright color

Started by parsa, May 18, 2006, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parsa

My problem involves the color of the copyright links and my site colors. Unlike the default theme, my theme modification has a light text area and a dark background. I made the link color the same dark blue as my background. That made the copyright invisible. Well, it's still there, but I don't want folks thinking I'm trying to get around the notice by hiding it.

So my first solution was to add a class to the link tag lines:
$forum_copyright = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank">Powered by ' . $forum_version . '</a> |
<a href="www.simplemachines.org/about/copyright.php" title="Free Forum Software" target="_blank">SMF &copy; 2001-2005, Lewis Media</a>';

I read that somebody did this, but when I added class="classname", it gave me the "you're a big fat cheater" message at the bottom.

I managed to change the breadcrumbs (tree) to white, as well as the Pages [n]. But there only seems to be one main link class for the whole page. I don't want to go and add a class to all the other link tags.

My current solution works, but I'd rather just have white text. I modified the footer div and the table by adding classes to those. [I noted that the html on these php pages have way too much style information in the tags. Table style information should be in the CSS documents. Otherwise why have CSS pages at all.]

Now I have a white div containing a pink table.

My slowly developing forum. Still a work in progress: American Roads Forum [nofollow]

Parsa

parsa

I've managed to change some more of the images like the New Posts buttons, but I'm still not getting that copyright notice to display the color I want.

Parsa

Advertisement: