Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to the mod

Registered Links

By vbgamer45

Compatibility
Works with both SMF 2.1.X and SMF 2.0.x and SMF 1.1.x

Description
Allows you to stop guests from viewing links. Informs the guest to register or login.

New in version 3.0
Redid how the mod works completely.
Better hiding of links
Improved method of installation to fix mod compatibility issues.

Support Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Skipdawg

It this added to the permissions or what?
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

vbgamer45

No permissions just turns post links off for guests in posts. Informs them to register or login to view the links.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Skipdawg

Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Skipdawg

Also note folks this affects the links in your signature line as well.
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Vinspire

This mods sound good but if there is a screenshot of how this mods look like would be great  ;D ;D ;D :D

fiver

Hi vbgamer45,

Thanks for the fabulous mod. It will help prevent leaking of pagerank.

One suggestion, perhaps better to differentiate the message in red, in bracket and in a single line? For example:

The website you are looking for is [Please login or register to view this link.]

fiver

vbgamer45

Hmm if you want I could put rel="nofollow" on the links as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CeZa

wery good
thanks vbgamer45  ;)

fiver

Hi vbgamer45,

1. I thought Google will be guest and so it can't see the link. Therefore pagerank will not leak. I hope the logic is correct. But looking at the source code, it shows the URL within the div tags. Probably because there is still no href tag means there is no need to and no where to insert "nofollow"?

2. Would you put in your mod my suggestion for using red color, bracket and single line? If not, would you mind showing me where to make the changes in the package before installing it?

Thanks again for the great mod!

;)

vbgamer45

I was thinking about maybe either putting a border around the registered links text or I can change the color to red or another color.
I would really like to stand out a little more so people actually notice they are missing the links.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Vinspire

Quote from: fivearts on May 19, 2006, 12:58:57 PM
Hi Vinspire,

You can take a look here:
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php/topic,115.msg793.html#msg793
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php/topic,163.msg1039.html#msg1039

;D

Nice site 5arts. I've check out ur site and set it as a bookmark but i still dont understand the Registered Links part ... Didn't notice any difference.

fiver

Hi Vinspire,

Glad you like my website.  :D

In the first demo, as a Guest you see this:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login"

When you login, as a Member you see the original post:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is www.hayhouse.com."

That is why I suggested to vbgamer45 to put the message in red, bracket and a single line so that it will stand out for the Guest to see:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is [Please Login or Register to view this link]"

Vinspire

Quote from: fivearts on May 20, 2006, 07:26:00 AM
Hi Vinspire,

Glad you like my website.  :D

In the first demo, as a Guest you see this:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login"

When you login, as a Member you see the original post:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is www.hayhouse.com."

That is why I suggested to vbgamer45 to put the message in red, bracket and a single line so that it will stand out for the Guest to see:

"... really am not sure whether it is availble in ebook  but you can check out on their site which is [Please Login or Register to view this link]"

Oh kewl. Now i got it :)

which file and section do I need to edit to make the login/registration portion stand out?

feature request: option to enable/disable links for email address on post (mailto?)

vbgamer45

You would need to edit subs.php but it would be easier to unistall and just edit the modfile reglinks.php and then reinstall.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

When I download reglinks.zip, there are three files: package-info.xml, ReadMe.txt and reglinks.xml

Sorry, where is reglinks.php located?

vbgamer45

sorry meant reglinks.xml

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Two issues:

1- After I uninstalled, I tried to view as guest, but no links are visible.  Does that mean that it didn't uninstall cleanly?

2- I decided to install the package again, but when I applied the mod, it gives me the following error:

Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php     Test successful
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

Please help.

Advertisement: