News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RPG System

Started by DiZz, May 21, 2006, 12:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiZz

Health Power
HP: Increases with activity

Staff Power
SP: Status (Admin/SuperMod/Moderator/Member)

Experience
EXP: Reputation (Already Have)

This is all for postbit... Can someone make this a MOD??? Add any other ideas you have to make postbit more Complex...

[1]

Gary

So basically, if you post a message, you gain a certain amount of EXP and when you reach the Level up requirement you level up and gain HP a randomly determined number of HP as set by the admin... right?

Coz I quite like the sound of that.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Kindred

hmmm.....   methinks this is already possible without a mod.

HP = post-count based group...

SP = non-post count based group

EXP = Karma

just rename the items in the langauge strings in index.english.php or directly in the post display in display.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gary

That probably wouldnt work the way I described it, but it would for DiZz's description.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

theslam2006

Ah, yes please do continue this (if it has even started). The only example I can think of is the one that Invisionfree is making. I know Ive seen other sites with it, but I cant think of any right now.

Its like this:

HP: 10
SP: 35
EXP: 110

Now say you need 50 HP to buy a sword. You need to post alot more before you can buy it. Then you need 150 EXP before you can battle anyone. Once you get say the 150, you can battle someone to make them loose EXP. Then the certain attacks you do makes you loose SP. It would be very hard to make, I know that atleast. Its a complicated little system. But fun as hell to have as your members that love to post can batter others to gain superiority. But, not making them loose post count, or reputation that theyve gained honestly.

Yea? Hopefully I explained it well enough. It would be an awesome mod to have...really cool.

Thanks.

theslam2006

So, any more info on this?

Here, I found a site that you can demo a really good one if you would like. Something based on this.

http://www.dgemu.com/forums/

Username: thetester
Password: test

Hopefully someone can get something like this up...it would be really sweet to have.

Thanks!

.Darkman

yeah a role playing game mod would be great.

Clever Tutorials - One place for all of them . . .
SMF Theme Works

Xarcell

Hey guys, you should try the shop mod. You earn points specified by the admin for posting, replying, polls, etc. You can use those points to purchase things in the shop. You can choose to call it what you want(ex: training points), and the admin chooses/create what's in the shop and can even limit qaunity. There are even options to steal items from other users.

There is also a experince mod, that shows your level bar, and what you need to make it to the next level based on user activity.

These are some thing you should take a look at.

------------------------------------------------

If someone wanted to build a mod from scratch, I think you need to create post count groups for every secondary group. This way it appears as they level, so does thier title pertaining to class.(ex: rouge: 1lvl = thief "50posts", 2lvl = burgular "100posts", 3lvl = thug "200posts" etc etc. It would be different titles per secondary group.

Then just us use the shop mod as a $$ system as it should be.

Xarcell

theslam2006

But its not really what I meant.

Oh well, it seems too complicated and no one wants to attempt it (i would if i had php knowledge like some of the experts in here). I guess its over...if I really want this thing, Ill go to IPB....

The_Cresta

this mod could be very funny!!! but what about a true "karma wars mod"? :D
people in the board, for example, can't access some area (set by admins) before reaching "x" karma points but... some member can choose to be "karma thief", and stole points from that user so he can't access again that area  8)
basically, an admin can create a "capture the flag" game with this, or even a true gdr... "once you reach that amoun of karma go there, then buy that, then try to access that area to get an hint..."
wow... I hope someone will make this for real  ;D

Vinspire

It is the RPG Mod in IPB mod ... saw it before. Look quite nice :)

The_Cresta

it is! just willing to see it on SMF  8)

theslam2006

Just give up. It will never come to SMF. If you want it I suggest switching to IPB...

Bigguy

That`s pretty negative. I see lots of ideas floating around in here. and with all the experts in php here, you never know. Give it a bit of time.

Quote from: theslam2006 on June 28, 2006, 10:31:34 PM
Just give up. It will never come to SMF. If you want it I suggest switching to IPB...

theslam2006

Not negative. The truth.

It was asked a month ago and it seems complicated or something because no one seems to understand how it works...a few attempted at understanding it but its not right. A good one was described a few posts up and given a link. Surely if it was going to happen it would have been said...

Bigguy

things don`t happen over night all the time (or in this case over month) If it is that complicated then you will have to give it time. Keeping this thread alive is away to let ppl know whats going on.  (without spaming or bumping all the time, which I know you don`t)

Be patient. ;)

theslam2006

Hehe. Look at the post below this one. Someone is attempting what Ive been bugging about. Im very happy its in the works now.

Vinspire

Quote from: Bigguy on June 28, 2006, 10:55:39 PM
That`s pretty negative. I see lots of ideas floating around in here. and with all the experts in php here, you never know. Give it a bit of time.

Yeap. Agreed with Bigguy. This mod will be here but its just the matter of time :)

The_Cresta

c'mon, think positive... ;) SMF is far better than ipb :P

Advertisement: