News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

You are completely correct....   the mod does list that it runs on 2.0.3 but it apparently has not been correctly updated to run automatically on 2.0.3.

Use the emulate command, as Arantor has indicated and emulate SMF 2.0, it will install then. No need to edi any XML files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Um, Kindred... he said he'd modified the XML file to include 2.0.3... if that's true, the only reason it won't work is if the package manager is already set to emulate something else.

Kindred

Well, I checked on the mod download page using the "show manual install for..."
and it fails for 2.0.3, 2.0.2, and 2.0.1 but works for 2.0

So, maybe he incorrectly edited the XML...   either way, it wasn't necesarry to edit the XML in the first place (which is what I was trying to say). :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Kindred on January 11, 2013, 07:51:32 AM
Well, I checked on the mod download page using the "show manual install for..."
and it fails for 2.0.3, 2.0.2, and 2.0.1 but works for 2.0

So, maybe he incorrectly edited the XML...   either way, it wasn't necesarry to edit the XML in the first place (which is what I was trying to say). :P
I know I can do that but when you emulate to fix one mod it might cause issues for another you need / want to install in regards to not showing uninstall/install links. So I'd prefer them all to work the same in that regard.

As for editing the XML file, I tried a few different ways but adding to what was already there.

ex. 2.0 - 2.0.99

or

ex. 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.3 etc etc etc

Both ways, as already evidenced in the XML for 1.0 etc should have worked but did not. I rmember doing edits like this some time in the ago in other mods that worked just fine.

Edit; Until today I never touched the emulator so it reference the sites current 2.0.3 version.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Kindred

MoreBloodWine,

you emulate the version to install a mod and then reset it back to your actual version...   when you need to uninstall, you emulate again to get the uninstall link.

I installed over 200 mods using this method, with no difficulties at all.
Слaва
Украинi

xdbmw

Hello Nibogo,

I have added german language support to your mod. If you like you can add this to your smf-2.x.xml

Regards,
Matthias

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Reason for editing mod
$txt['reason'] = 'Grund';
$txt['reason_edit'] = '&Auml;nderungsgrund';
$txt['permissionname_reason_edit'] = '&Auml;nderungsgrund aktivieren';
$txt['permissionhelp_reason_edit'] = 'Aktivieren, wenn es Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe erlaubt sein soll, einen &Auml;nderungsgrund für eigene Beitr&auml;ge eintragen zu k&ouml;nnen.';
// Reason for editing mod END
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Reason for editing mod
$txt['reason'] = 'Grund';
$txt['reason_edit'] = '&Auml;nderungsgrund';
$txt['permissionname_reason_edit'] = '&Auml;nderungsgrund aktivieren';
$txt['permissionhelp_reason_edit'] = 'Aktivieren, wenn es Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe erlaubt sein soll, einen &Auml;nderungsgrund für eigene Beitr&auml;ge eintragen zu k&ouml;nnen.';
// Reason for editing mod END
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

[/quote]

Torx

Any updates for this planned. Looking for 2.0.4. It did install and test OK, however there are errors reported when edits are done.

Kindred

What errors? If you are reporting issues, you need to include specific details
Слaва
Украинi

Torx

Here is the info from the error log. After a few coffees this morning and playing through ftp, looks like I may have been wrong last night in thinking that this was related to this mod. It appears whenever I access the admin section. I will post in a new thread on help on this one. Thank you for the prompt reply Kindred

http://www.thefragtank.ca/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings [nofollow]
8: Undefined index: label
File: /home1/forum1/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/SPortalHelp.english.php (generic_menu_dropdown_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 327

Kindred

that would be related to one of your menus and the SimplePortal mod, and, as you suspected on review, has nothing at all to do with this mod.

(it may have to do with something called within a portal block)
Слaва
Украинi

Antros22

the mod is not work   on  smf 2.0.6 (new install) not update

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Arantor

TeoTwawki

I had no trouble installing this mod (ver 2.3.2) by emulating smf 2.0.3 (I'm actually on smf 2.0.8), but recently I had to move my forum to a new host. I fixed the broken paths and imported my backed up database and everything looked fine. until I went to post and got an database error saying "Field 'edit_reason' doesn't have a default value" that is. This is on a new post, not an edit.

I set my emulated version to 2.0.3 again, uninstalled the mod, and I am stillgetting that error!

My entire forum is broken, no new posts can be made. And this is an error that was fixed quite some time ago in an older version - I don't understand why it even started happening to my forum, let alone how it can still be there after removing the mod completely.

For the last hour and a half I've been searching my way through the files installation changes, and not seeing anything related to this mod that got left behind by the uninstall.  ???

TeoTwawki

Solved it: uninstall didn't remove the database changes the mod made.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Strange... Installed the mod with no errors, the box shows up when editing but after filling it and re-posting it doesn't show up in the topic view as if it wasn't installed O.o error log clear, no custom edits except for the xml file edited to install properly.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BonoVox

Hi. I got a kinda problem here, I can't see the reason of editing after posting the reason in the box, I mean, I wrote the reason in the box and when I send the post, it doesn't appear the reason that I wrote, just my nickname and that X post has been edited by me, but it doesn't show the reason that I wrote.

I didn't get any error during the installation.

My forum is http://foro.outbreakzrp.es/ [nofollow], I am using the Reseller theme and it's using the 2.0.9. Please, help.

Ninja ZX-10RR

As you can see the last post before yours was mine, and I had the same problem, however the mod author is unfortunately well known for not supporting his mods anymore. I couldn't figure out a fix so I just dropped this mod. Doesn't really matter which theme you are using, it gives me the same problem on the freaking default theme.
Sorry for being blunt, I am seriously depressed for SimplePortal not working properly either.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BonoVox

Huh, that's bad. Is there another mod like this? Thanks for reply.
Maybe there was a situation like this before in previous comments, I haven't checked yet because there are like 26 pages.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not that I know. I chose this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2104 but does something way different. And has a stupid bug that allows people to bypass it in PMs... I'm investigating on that.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: