News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

problem in entering package manager in offline ( local) boards

Started by ryansdistrict, May 23, 2006, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryansdistrict

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.7
hello
when i enter my admin CP of my boards and go to the package manager on my offline boards ( which i installed localy on my pc)
this error appears
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, your PHP configuration doesn't have support for zlib. Without this, the package manager cannot function. Please contact your host about this for more information. 

Please can u tell me how to fix it cuz i need to install mods
For Sale: RD.com-PS.com

kegobeer

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

ryansdistrict

i downloaded it but i dont know how to procced and enable it

kegobeer

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

ryansdistrict

ye but i didnt know from where to start and how to start :(

kegobeer

ryansdistrict

ryansdistrict

by the way if u can help me via msn that will be great

kegobeer

You haven't enabled zlib, so you will still have the error message.  What version of PHP are you using?  Once you tell me what version of PHP you use, I can provide you with specific help.

ryansdistrict

kegobeer

In php.ini, make these changes:

change:

output_buffering = 4096

to:

output_buffering = On

change:

;output_handler =

to:

output_handler = ob_gzhandler

Restart apache.

ryansdistrict

kegobeer

Try restarting your system.  Since I have no idea how PHPTriad goes about configuring everything, you may need to visit Triad's support system.  Under Windows, PHP comes with the zlib library and the only thing you need to edit is php.ini.  That's all I've ever had to do on my development server.

ryansdistrict

well guys plz help me its not working is the  code up properly set is there any missing thing i should modify too

kegobeer

You need to properly configure your webserver.  There really isn't much we can do since we don't have access to your server.  One last thing you could try - search your entire computer for php.ini and see how many you get.  Make the above changes to all of the php.ini files, then restart apache.  Make sure to save php.ini after making the changes.  I didn't put that in my previous post, but I didn't think I had to actually say it.

I Googled "phptriad zlib" and found a few people who also could not enable zlib, and the solution was to use a better WAMP.  If you can't get any support from the developers of PHPTriad, you should definitely consider using a different package.  You can also install everything yourself - it really isn't that hard.  There are plenty of resources on the web that explain the process.

ryansdistrict

ok thx
i already searched my pc and i found 2
am going to edit both cuz i edited one at a time it didnt work]
anyways thx 4 ur support

ryansdistrict

please anyone who can help me to solve my problem please do so

Advertisement: